Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta not matching United

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2003, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Delta not matching United

Just booked SAN-JFK midweek. $1,123 each way. Out of curiousity I checked United after hearing about the new pricing structure: $396 each way.

I had heard that you had to connect in DEN or ORD for the new fares to be applicable and as I was flying redeye hours wanted the nonstop out of LAX to sleep. Fare is good for that routing!

If everyone matches this it will be an incredible thing for business travel. $800.00 cross country full fare will really stimulate things!
Old Jan 8, 2003, 7:46 am

Location: TPA, DL PM, UA Premier Exec, Hilton & Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz FS, Avis PS
In a similar position and noticed DL has not matched UA's fare restructure or even their sales lately.

Old Jan 8, 2003, 8:16 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I guess this begs the question: Why did you give DL a $1600 tip??
Old Jan 8, 2003, 9:43 am

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Not uncommon. I've found DL to be higher much of the time but sometimes would bite the bullet due to elite status. No more.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
I guess this begs the question: Why did you give DL a $1600 tip??</font>
I'm not
Old Jan 8, 2003, 11:00 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I asked a couple of times if they would match a competitor's fares. They said they used to but not any more.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Competing with two carriers that have declared bankruptcy will present difficult problems for DL until either or both of them go out of business. US and UA can throw all kinds of sale fares out there, and all kinds of double or triple mile bonuses, and DL will have some tough business decisions to make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.