Search

767-300ER Config CONFUSION!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
767-300ER Config CONFUSION!!!

OK, I am officially confused!
I can't find a new seat map for the new mini Y cabin configuration. Has DL converted all of them over to the new mini-cabin config? Is it safe to pick seats in row 17? Are there video screens in the front of the mini-cabin?
Thanks!
SR
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
I just booked a couple of tickets to MOscow in a 767-300ER. Took seats 17FG. Then looked at seatguru and it shows no such rows at all. I did a search here and while there is a lot of discussion on the configurations, I couldn't find the answer. Is this this new mini cabin ? or some other special configuration ? Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
It's the new 763ER configuration....

Seatguru.com has not been updated yet but DL has recently reconfigured pretty much all of their 763ERs to include more Y seats. On the regular 763ERs (i.e., non-Gulf Air ones), the Y cabin now starts with row 15 on the right side (15F, G), and 16A, B, C, D, E. Row 17 seats are just regular seats with regular pitch, recline, etc. You can take a look at the new seatmap by typing in your flight number, date of travel, and origin/destination at Ben Edelman's site:

http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Seatguru.com has not been updated yet but DL has recently reconfigured pretty much all of their 763ERs to include more Y seats. On the regular 763ERs (i.e., non-Gulf Air ones), the Y cabin now starts with row 15 on the right side (15F, G), and 16A, B, C, D, E. Row 17 seats are just regular seats with regular pitch, recline, etc. You can take a look at the new seatmap by typing in your flight number, date of travel, and origin/destination at Ben Edelman's site:

http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats/
Thanks. That was very helpful. Btw, this reconfig didn't involve putting in seat power in these planes, did it ? Seems to be the first long flight in a long time where I won't have power in a preferred seat....
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by const3
Thanks. That was very helpful. Btw, this reconfig didn't involve putting in seat power in these planes, did it ? Seems to be the first long flight in a long time where I won't have power in a preferred seat....
No, unfortunately not in Y; for now it's still the same seats, just more of them....
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info CLipper! Are there movie screens or TVs in this cabin? Where are the new crew rests? And what is the time-frame for these adjustments?
Thanks,
SR
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:46 pm

OK.. Just flew on Flight 58 to Gatwick from Atlanta on a 767-300ER and 15FG were just normal coach seats in beind a bulkhead, nothing special.

Figured I'd let you guys know.

I'm on flight 59 on the 23rd and in row 18.

I liked 16G actually as there was no window there and much easier to sleep in.

Josh
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by RamAir
Thanks for the info CLipper! Are there movie screens or TVs in this cabin? Where are the new crew rests? And what is the time-frame for these adjustments?
Thanks,
SR
Almost all 763ERs have coach in the former rear section of B/E now. Movie screens in the front, TV monitors above the seats further in the back, as it has always been. Crew rest seats are back in the rear to the right as in the past.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Crew rest seats are back in the rear to the right as in the past.
Except those four FA rest seats are now regular Y seats, unlike the past when they actually had footrests and more pitch
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Almost all 763ERs have coach in the former rear section of B/E now. Movie screens in the front, TV monitors above the seats further in the back, as it has always been. Crew rest seats are back in the rear to the right as in the past.
I know the former BE cabin was redone with Y seats a while ago. When they did this though, they had some desireable seats in row 15 . . . . they even had a BE seat for the Pilot rest. Now, they removed the BE seat and the crew rest row and it seems like they made it all Y and netted a few seats? Correct?
JOSH, thanks for the info!!! What rows didn't have windows in the mini-cabin? Just 16?
Thanks,
SR
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:28 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
When they did this though, they had some desireable seats in row 15 . . . . they even had a BE seat for the Pilot rest. Now, they removed the BE seat and the crew rest row and it seems like they made it all Y and netted a few seats? Correct?
Yes, row 15 is gone as the crew rest area. No more desireable seats there (except for the fact that it's close to the front, so earlier off the plane than others).
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Yes, row 15 is gone as the crew rest area. No more desireable seats there (except for the fact that it's close to the front, so earlier off the plane than others).
Not only that - lately it's been taking FOREVER for the FAs to make the cabin service. Especially now with those new drinks - nobody knows how to make them and it turns into a bigf fiasco!
SR
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:20 pm

Not only that - lately it's been taking FOREVER for the FAs to make the cabin service. Especially now with those new drinks - nobody knows how to make them and it turns into a bigf fiasco!
SR
As I said in another thread, my son said it took them three hours to serve the main lunch in Y on his CDG-ATL flight with his group. He says it was nice that they "hurried" on the night flight - it only took two hours!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ATL crews have always been exceptionally slow with B/E service. Whenever I go out of ATL I insist on the expedited menu.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA PremExec, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by JoshFink
OK.. Just flew on Flight 58 to Gatwick from Atlanta on a 767-300ER and 15FG were just normal coach seats in beind a bulkhead, nothing special.

Figured I'd let you guys know.

I'm on flight 59 on the 23rd and in row 18.

I liked 16G actually as there was no window there and much easier to sleep in.

Josh
Just flew the reconfigured aircraft from FCO-JFK and was in 18A. I need to warn you (and all FTers) that in order to fit the seats in this area in front of the #2 door, there is significantly less leg room in row 18A/B and F/G. This is based on my observations/comparisions, by my experience sitting in the seat ( !) and confirmed by a senior F/A who said others had been saying the same thing since the cabin reconfig. Luckily, there was some space on this flight and the lady in 18B kindly move across the aisle, otherwise I would have had to amputate my knees in order to survive the flight. You should call DL and get this assignment changed if at all possible; the centre seats, however, don't appear to have the same issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.