Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent Question Re: JFK Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Urgent Question Re: JFK Check-In

Hello FT'ers,

My family and I are off to JFK tomorrow for an early evening flight to CDG. My questions concern the situation with medallion check-in at T-3.

Question 1: Is the medallion check-in even open?

Question 2: If so, where should I tell the driver to take us for medallion check-in?

Question 3: Though we are flying coach on award tickets, we are all silver or gold medallions. Are we even elligible to use this check-in?

Thanks so much for all your insights!

Ezra.

Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
1. Yes.

2. The BE/FC check-in. Unfortunately, most cabbies don't know where it is. When you make the right turn into T-3, take the left ramp going to the little structure on top rather than the right ramp that goes to the roof. If you end up on the roof, never fear ... there's also a BE/FC check-in there.

3. Yes.

------------------
Vasant
Old Dec 21, 2002, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I concur!

Bruce
Old Dec 21, 2002, 6:37 am

One can only use the WorldPort checkin for BizElite - Medallion checkin is funneled from last entrance gate on the lower-level.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses, guys!

Flyer-Talkers truly are the best resource on the web!!!

E.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by akhullar:
One can only use the WorldPort checkin for BizElite - Medallion checkin is funneled from last entrance gate on the lower-level.</font>
Is this something new? As a PM, I've used the front BE check-in area numerous times without any problems. Last time was November 21. Are you saying that they will chase me away now? I find that hard to believe -- but who knows?

Bruce
Old Dec 21, 2002, 8:27 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
In the BizE check in there are also 2 counters for medallion check in.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TMOTEE:
In the BizE check in there are also 2 counters for medallion check in.</font>
I second that. I last saw these on November 23 so, Bruce, they were still there at least 2 days after you left.

Old Dec 22, 2002, 3:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TMOTEE:
In the BizE check in there are also 2 counters for medallion check in.</font>
You know I had totally forgotten about the two medallion check-in counters. My oversight.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 9:01 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
Alternate directions (from someone who parks in the garage):

Tell the cabbie to bring you downstairs to the end of baggage claim at T3. There's an escalator at the end of the terminal that takes you upstairs directly to BE/Medallion checkin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.