Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2002, 2:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
pdxer - you are barking up the wrong tree here buddy, but I'm more than willing to show you the error of your ways.

MKC is the IATA code for Kansas City Metropolitan area.

KMKC is the ICAO code for Kansas City Downtown airport. Similarly KMCI for Mid Continent International, KJCI for Johnson County Industrial (hence JCI) and KOJC for Olathe - Johnson County Executive (hence OJC). All of these are included under the IATA MKC code.

KCK is the IATA code for Fairfax Municipal Airport which is located about 23 miles southeast of MCI.

[This message has been edited by B747-437B (edited 08-02-2002).]
</font>
direct your efforts to the various webpages that list airport codes and the databses they consult..i'm merely reporting what i'm finding...

further searching today reveals more discrepancies.

iata.org, once i got the website to work, supports your claim, as does www.house747.freeserve.co.uk.

airpics.com, which boasts both an iata and icao search engine, claims kck as kansas metro area, as did mapping.com, which i mentioned yesterday. another two that fall into this group is ar-group.com and fly.to/aviationonline.

airportcitycodes.com lists kck as fairfax, mkc as kansas downtown airport, but no listing of kansas metro area.

airnav.com, as i mentioned yesterday, doesn't list kck at all and lists mkc as kansas downtown airport.

while iata.org probably holds more clout than some of the others, the real question is what is the origin of the various databases and why is there conflicting data ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.