Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old Int'l routes.....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2002, 6:40 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Leo and the gang used MD-11s on:

PDX from/to NRT
PDX from/to NGO
Old Jun 9, 2002, 7:39 am

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
DL 60 IAD-FRA
DL 61 FRA-IAD
served with an L1011-500

I must've taken this route a dozen times in '96. I miss the direct service from DC, and the L1011's.
Old Jun 9, 2002, 7:54 am

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by theDeltaFlyer:
DL 60 IAD-FRA
DL 61 FRA-IAD
served with an L1011-500

I must've taken this route a dozen times in '96. I miss the direct service from DC, and the L1011's.
</font>
For part of the time the route continued on to Moscow. It also went on to a couple other destinations.

And, for a while in the 95-97 timeframe, an L1011 flight went JFK-IAD to become DL 60 that night. I flew that L1011 a couple times ... virtually empty on a Sunday (30 or so pax on that huge plane, once).
Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:27 am

You have to wonder, with DL's history of serving the old FRA hub from several nonhub markets, would there be any viability to DL augmenting AF service on some US-CDG routes. Northwest appears to be quite successful doing this to AMS. I doubt it would ever come to fruition, but I have to believe there's at least an outside chance it could work.

Then again, on the other hand, logic dictates it would weaken Delta's other European routes from ATL and JFK.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 9:57 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
DEN-YYC flew it every other week in the late 80's.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 11:11 pm

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BusinessElite:
You have to wonder, with DL's history of serving the old FRA hub from several nonhub markets, would there be any viability to DL augmenting AF service on some US-CDG routes. Northwest appears to be quite successful doing this to AMS. I doubt it would ever come to fruition, but I have to believe there's at least an outside chance it could work.

Then again, on the other hand, logic dictates it would weaken Delta's other European routes from ATL and JFK.
</font>
AF probably serves most of these potential markets. I would think that we are more likely to see an expansion of frequency of some of these AFroutes. Wouldn't be bad to have a second AF or DL fligth during the summer from SFO (they had one last summer 3/week) since flights are very full.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 8:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GrapeDane:
AF probably serves most of these potential markets. I would think that we are more likely to see an expansion of frequency of some of these AFroutes. Wouldn't be bad to have a second AF or DL fligth during the summer from SFO (they had one last summer 3/week) since flights are very full.</font>

Potentially, you could see AF flying to DTW, PHX, DEN or SEA within the next few years with DL codesharing. As for DL metal, BOS-CDG is very likely (replace an AF flight so that AF can use the plane elsewhere) and there are always rumors of DL doing FLL-CDG (maybe the buildup of Chautauqua is a sign of things to come).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.