Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Poll: How often do you log in to delta.com "just to check"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll: How often do you log in to delta.com "just to check"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2006, 5:28 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Average of once a day for all the same reasons previously given.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sc flier
The second reservation for our one-year anniversary was "cleaned up" for a trip from CAE to UVF (St Lucia). But when I looked at it online before approving the second agent to reissue, I realized that the new itin had my flights between ATL and UVF on different days than the flights between CAE and ATL.

Oct 26 CAE-ATL (49 hour layover)
Oct 28 ATL-UVF (2 night stay instead of 5 nights originally reserved)
Oct 30 UVF-ATL (26 hour layover)
Oct 31 ATL-CAE

Beginning around August 12, flight schedules between ATL and UVF have been reduced to only three days per week -- Sat, Sun, and Mon.

So far, I've told the agent not to reissue my ticket yet. Instead, it's still in limbo with botched dates. If we still choose to go to St Lucia, then we'll have to change our hotel reservations. If we choose to cancel this trip, then I might need to use this botched reservation as a bargaining point to get a SkySaver to an alternative destination. Another possibility is that DL will add back flights on these dates as they continue to make schedule changes. (I'm not holding my breath for that, though.)

Anyone have news on similar unannounced schedule changes around mid-August?
Indeed, Delta did add back one more flight between ATL and St Lucia. The schedule added a Tuesday flight again in recent weeks. If we could have gotten good hotel rates for the new schedule, that might have worked okay for us to fly Tues - Sun. But the hotel rates went up and it would have cost us an extra vacation day.

My decision to keep this itinerary on hold as a bargaining point was right on!!! An SMS agent in Montreal worked with me to very easily switch our SkySaver seats to CAE-ATL-CUN for the same dates even though SkySaver seats were not showing available for those dates. She gave us full choice of which flights we wanted for those dates. She even volunteered some other options in case we were interested in other Caribbean alternatives such as Barbados. So our anniversary plans are pleasantly back on track! Kudos to the SMS staff for resolving this with great flexibility!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:26 am

Twice a week... minimum
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Sometimes more than once a day :P
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: DL GM
Generally, once a day when Mr. Tb, Tb son or I have itineraries; at least once a day after travel to make sure that miles have posted properly; at least once a month to make sure my Amex miles have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.