Search

Serious Security Issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2002, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Serious Security Issue

Yesterday's USA Todaay told of another breech in security by the lovely dressed Logan Not-So-Brights. Another scanner unplugged and another terminal emptied while another search was conducted on another group of pissed off PAX.

Surely no one at any airport is stupid enough to ACCIDENTLY leave these scanners unplugged??

I believe that this is sabotage by the not-so-brights or the FAA (for more press coverage that they are doing their jobs) or God forbid, The National Guard (because they are bored)

Whatever the reason, we are being hosed.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

No, here is what really is going on.

The folks running this security checkpoints heard that RANDOM was important. So, they are now RANDOMLY scanning people. Of course, someone else comes along and decides we should have a random clearing of the terminal.

All you can do is laugh. After all, that is what Bin Laden and his troops are doing.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
I believe that this is sabotage by the not-so-brights </font>
This rumor has been circulating for a while, specifically about the non-citizen screeners who will be losing their jobs in the near future.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/020322/n22324305_1.html

here we go again!
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
This rumor has been circulating for a while, specifically about the non-citizen screeners who will be losing their jobs in the near future.</font>
But someone from FAA or FATASS or National Guard or Starbucks is supposed to be watching the screeners. Maybe that's our job
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:43 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Those fools at the TSA have been chasing their tails from the get-go. Maybe if business travel remains extremely weak someone will finally get the message that people are tired of all this horse@#$%. Sadly, the FAA and TSA have provided ample evidence of what slow learners they are.

------------------
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." - Ben Franklin
Old Mar 22, 2002, 12:01 pm

I was at Boston Airport at the DL terminal gates at 9 AM Wednesday when we were told to evacuate into the main terminal. The only positive thing was the way the Delta and Massport handled the situation. Although it was disruptive to everyone for about two hours, DL was able to call passengers by their flight numbers for rescreening. They also sent DL pax over to use the UA screeners to add additional screening capacity and drove them back to the DL gates. My thoughts on entire situation is the DL Boston staff acted in the best professional manner to bring things back to normal as quickly as possible.
Now if the FAA would require only twist lock AC plugs be installed on the fixed metal detectors this could be avoided in the future.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 1:14 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
If the FAA would require secuirty people to have an IQ above 0, then many of these problems would go away.

"Will you start your laptop please sir"\

"No, the battery is dead!"

"Okay then, have a nice day"

Finally a new one liner that worked once for me. Will it work again?

[This message has been edited by JRF (edited 03-22-2002).]
Old Mar 22, 2002, 3:15 pm

"Will you start your laptop please, sir?"

"No, because it doesn't prove a @#$% thing and it takes awhile to shut down"

"Wow, that's using your noggin, have a nice day!"

------------------
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." - Ben Franklin
Old Mar 22, 2002, 3:38 pm

Programs: Vanishing
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WHY2K:
Now if the FAA would require only twist lock AC plugs be installed on the fixed metal detectors this could be avoided in the future.</font>
I read in LA Times the other day, that the screening stations at LAX will be retrofitted with a steel bracket over the power plug so it won't come off. Nice idea, but at 200 dollars per plug? Where do I sign up to do the retrofitting?
Old Mar 22, 2002, 6:14 pm

Duct tape works really well. It comes in a variety of colors and you don't need scissors - just tear off a piece.

[This message has been edited by flowerchild (edited 03-22-2002).]
Old Mar 22, 2002, 7:07 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Flowerchild,

Do you by any chance listen to Prairie Home Companion? My thoughts went straight to the Duct Tape Council commercials.

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by L-1011 (edited 03-22-2002).]
Old Mar 22, 2002, 11:22 pm

Although I am a big fan of PHC, we currently have duct tape in red, white, black and silver. The red was especially nice at Christmas for mailing packages. It would probably solve the problem of keeping the ground crew out of luggage, too.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flowerchild:
Although I am a big fan of PHC, we currently have duct tape in red, white, black and silver. The red was especially nice at Christmas for mailing packages. It would probably solve the problem of keeping the ground crew out of luggage, too. </font>
Nothing keeps ground crew outa luggage
Old Mar 23, 2002, 11:45 pm

Too bad a good caning and a couple of broken fingers isn't an option for these sticky-fingered employees...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
Nothing keeps ground crew outa luggage</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.