Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Check-in on SQ as Delta Medallion?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2002, 2:59 pm
pmv
Original Poster

Priority Check-in on SQ as Delta Medallion?

Since Delta and SQ are partner airlines, does Delta medallion status allow checkin-preference when flying on SQ?
Old Feb 14, 2002, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmv:
Since Delta and SQ are partner airlines, does Delta medallion status allow checkin-preference when flying on SQ?</font>
SQ is only associated w/ DL via the SkyMiles partnership.

According to:
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/member...vels/index.jsp

"Special check-in privileges" would only apply to SkyTeam flights. Some benefits may not apply on Delta Connection, Delta Express, Delta Shuttle, AeroMexico, Air France, Alitalia, Czech Airlines or Korean Air flights.

So, IMHO, being a DL medallion would not entitle you to Priority Check-in on SQ unless you were trvlg First/Business class.

------------------
The information I provide is in no way the authoritative voice of Delta. I do not work for Corporate Communications, nor in Customer Care. I do not represent the final word for Delta when asked a question. I simply try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge, and try to direct people to the correct answer and/or point them in the right direction to find that answer. If you want to double check my answers, please E-Mail Delta Customer Care

Thank you for letting me participate.

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 02-14-2002).]
Old Feb 15, 2002, 8:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Russ21Atl:
Some benefits may not apply on Delta Connection, Delta Express, Delta Shuttle, AeroMexico, Air France, Alitalia, Czech Airlines or Korean Air flights.
</font>
So then what's the point of SkyTeam?
Old Feb 15, 2002, 8:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mspman:
So then what's the point of SkyTeam?</font>
To give the illusion of a unified multi-airline alliance without all the costs or changes in business policies necessary to support it.

Jeff
Old Feb 15, 2002, 5:50 pm
PMD

Programs: DL GM, UA PE, National EE, Priority Club Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mspman:
So then what's the point of SkyTeam?</font>
Did I miss something? SQ is not part of SkyTeam so why bring it up?
SQ doesn't code share with Delta. SQ only offers SkyMiles as an option instead of SQ's SilverKris miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.