Wiki Posts
Search

Delta forgets to charge me

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2002, 11:18 am
R-
Original Poster

Delta forgets to charge me

Three weeks ago, I walked into the Delta city ticket office here in Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and purchased tickets to fly my family to SLC in Feb. Now, almost a month later, the charge still has not appeared on my account (I check it daily on the internet). When I called the local delta line, the rep said that there is no problem (but between her english and my portuguese, I am not sure she understood my concern). Should I be concerned, I really don't want to loose the upgraded seats because they cannot find that I have paid for the tickets.

R-
Old Jan 9, 2002, 11:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R-:
Three weeks ago, I walked into the Delta city ticket office here in Rio de Janeiro (GIG) and purchased tickets to fly my family to SLC in Feb. Now, almost a month later, the charge still has not appeared on my account (I check it daily on the internet). When I called the local delta line, the rep said that there is no problem (but between her english and my portuguese, I am not sure she understood my concern). Should I be concerned, I really don't want to loose the upgraded seats because they cannot find that I have paid for the tickets.

R-
</font>
You have the tix right ? That should be sufficient no ? Is it that to CreditCard company did not bill you ?
Old Jan 9, 2002, 12:55 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
This has happened to me before, but I always ended up being charged...albeit a few weeks or months late.

You have nothing to worry about.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Oh, Ye of Little Faith in the Revenue Protection Unit!
Old Jan 10, 2002, 2:18 pm
R-
Original Poster

They are e-tickets. I have the paper receipt and the little credit card slip.

R-
Old Jan 10, 2002, 2:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R-:
They are e-tickets. I have the paper receipt and the little credit card slip.

R-
</font>
You should do OK no ?
Old Jan 10, 2002, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

1 - You have a receipt which would work just fine if there was a problem at the airport.

2 - check online to make sure your reservation/intinerary is there.

I doubt you will have a problem.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 3:58 pm
Suspended

I had both a KLM and an AirFrance tkt that each was charged to my CC and the charges didnt appear for KLM until 1 1/2 yrs later,AF 1 yr later.
I guess when they flush their accts out each year or so the tkts came up as issued and not paid for even though there was a CC on the acct.

I did forget about them and disputed them but sure enough the carriers were able to provide copies of the tkts and the CC went and checked for me to make sure it wasnt a 2nd billing,it wasnt.

there was once an tkt that was part of many others that was for $249 out of some $13,000 that was never found.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
R-
If you want you could send me an e-mail
mailto:[email protected] including the e-tckt numbers and I'll look into it for you.

I'll be back at work on 01/12/02.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by craz:

I had both a KLM and an AirFrance tkt that each was charged to my CC and the charges didnt appear for KLM until 1 1/2 yrs later,AF 1 yr later.
I guess when they flush their accts out each year or so the tkts came up as issued and not paid for even though there was a CC on the acct.

I did forget about them and disputed them but sure enough the carriers were able to provide copies of the tkts and the CC went and checked for me to make sure it wasnt a 2nd billing,it wasnt.

there was once an tkt that was part of many others that was for $249 out of some $13,000 that was never found.
</font>

Year later? Crazy. Maybe a good reason to get new credit cards. The charge would have bounced and who knows if they would try to track it down.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 7:52 am
R-
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.
The charge posted today. Usually Delta charges post within 24 hours, this time it was 25 days. They just wanted to wait so the exchange rate would change and cost me an extra $500.

[This message has been edited by R- (edited 01-11-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.