Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Room Liquor

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2001, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Crown Room Liquor

Is is just me or is the quality of the alcohol in the Crown Room been declining.

The scotch is now Johnnie Walker Red Label (used to be black) or Dewars. I've been seeing genering Kahlua, and the white wine at MSY was Sutter Home!!

I've noticed this trend at CRs in ATL, MSY, BNA, and CVG.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 7:43 am

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
And the hits keep coming...

I am proud to say I got the last few drops of the Chivas at the CRC-LGA last Wednesday. The bartender told me these cuts are accross the board.

None of the cutbacks till now affected me, but I just cannot be expected to drink from the bottom ring of Scotches... right?
Old Nov 26, 2001, 8:16 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jdanton:
the white wine at MSY was Sutter Home!!

I've noticed this trend at CRs in ATL, MSY, BNA, and CVG.
</font>
But do they still have the margaritas at MSY, that's all that really matters?
Old Nov 26, 2001, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
But do they still have the margaritas at MSY, that's all that really matters? </font>
Had one yesterday...
Old Nov 26, 2001, 9:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
At least there is still the Woodford Reserve and the Grand Marnier...

Beer selection on Delta flights in both F and Y has plummeted dramatically of late. 2 weeks ago the selections in F were Bud and Bud light after Spiff and the guy sitting next to Spiff drank the only 2 very battered Mich Light cans on the plane. No imports of any kind available. Very sad.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Beer selection on Delta flights in both F and Y has plummeted dramatically of late. 2 weeks ago the selections in F were Bud and Bud light after Spiff and the guy sitting next to Spiff drank the only 2 very battered Mich Light cans on the plane. No imports of any kind available. Very sad.</font>
I had Amstel Light on a DL flight in F on Saturday. At least it was better than Bud Light...
Old Nov 26, 2001, 9:44 am

Was told by a CR employee in ATL they no longer serve Crown Royal.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Every city is different, so I don't know what other CRCs serve, but here is an update on the ATL CRCs.

Vodka - Smirnoff/Finlandia (No Chg)
Scotch - Dewers/Johnny Walker Red Label (Only Chg is Johnny Black is now Red)
Whiskey - Canadian Club (Chg- No more Crown Royal)
Rum - Bacardi (No Chg)
Gin - Beefeaters (Chg- No more Tanqueray)
Bourbon - Makers Mark/Jack Daniels (No Chg)

The beers are undergoing positive chngs. There is a project in place to install all draft beer in the ATL CRCs (as opposed to the current mix of bottle/draft and can beer). There hasn't been final approval yet, but the planned choices are:

Budweiser
Bud Light
Coors Light
Killians
Fosters
and Dogwood.

And, as for Domain Chandon champagne that was being served in the Int'l CRC and the BE Lounge, that will be discontinued too. The last e-mail dated 10/16/01 said there was roughly a 6 week supply left, so the inventory should be depleted this week if not already.

Well, there is the update for ATL. No more Crown, or Johnny Black, but still there are a lot of fine choices to choose from. It is free you know; Unlike over there at AA and UA.

As always, if you have a gripe or concern, just e-mail DL's Customer Care using the provided link below; the necessary people will hear your remarks.

-------------------------------------------
The information I provide is in no way the authoritative voice of Delta. I do not work for Corporate Communications, nor in Customer Care. I do not represent the final word for Delta when asked a question. I simply try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge, and try to direct people to the correct answer and/or point them in the right direction to find that answer. If you want to double check my answers, please go to E-Mail Delta Customer Care

Thank you for letting me participate.

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 11-26-2001).]
Old Nov 26, 2001, 1:09 pm

No Crown? This is just criminal. I always got a kick out of drinking Crown in the Crown Room. You think the two companies could come to some agreement!

I agree that it's free and there should be a minimal b*tch factor - but I can see it now... a "modest" charge for top shelf liquor. DL you read it here, but it was NOT a customer request so DON'T try to spin it as one!

Russ- so glad you are here. Wonder what ever happened to 10kster... or was that you in another life?

My 100th post... about alcohol... how fitting.

-g
(edited to include the word similar to complain that starts with a "b")

[This message has been edited by balt4house (edited 11-26-2001).]
Old Nov 26, 2001, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by balt4house:
Russ- so glad you are here. Wonder what ever happened to 10kster... or was that you in another life?

My 100th post... about alcohol... how fitting.
</font>
I'm glad I'm here too. I'm STILL stuck at home healing from having my tonsils removed. As for 10kster...I honestly have no idea who that was/is. Maybe he/she took a retirement pckg!?

And...talk about posts...that was my 500th and it was about alcohol. Come to think of it, I haven't had any since before my surgery on 11/7. Someone drink one for me.

Old Nov 26, 2001, 3:23 pm

Maker's Mark has been on the CRC's endangered species list before. Glad it made the cut.

I hate to ask about wines (both CRC and inflight). They've always been well below average. Will they get even worse???

Carlo Rossi = Crown Room

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Russ21Atl:
Every city is different, so I don't know what other CRCs serve, but here is an update on the ATL CRCs.

Vodka - Smirnoff/Finlandia (No Chg)
Scotch - Dewers/Johnny Walker Red Label (Only Chg is Johnny Black is now Red)
Whiskey - Canadian Club (Chg- No more Crown Royal)
Rum - Bacardi (No Chg)
Gin - Beefeaters (Chg- No more Tanqueray)
Bourbon - Makers Mark/Jack Daniels (No Chg)

The beers are undergoing positive chngs. There is a project in place to install all draft beer in the ATL CRCs (as opposed to the current mix of bottle/draft and can beer). There hasn't been final approval yet, but the planned choices are:

Budweiser
Bud Light
Coors Light
Killians
Fosters
and Dogwood.

And, as for Domain Chandon champagne that was being served in the Int'l CRC and the BE Lounge, that will be discontinued too. The last e-mail dated 10/16/01 said there was roughly a 6 week supply left, so the inventory should be depleted this week if not already.

Well, there is the update for ATL. No more Crown, or Johnny Black, but still there are a lot of fine choices to choose from. It is free you know; Unlike over there at AA and UA.

As always, if you have a gripe or concern, just e-mail DL's Customer Care using the provided link below; the necessary people will hear your remarks.

</font>
Old Nov 26, 2001, 4:13 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I really appreciate the LAX crown room having Samuel Adams on tap.
I wonder why Fosters and Dogwood are among the planned choices and not Samuel Adams.

Just my 2 cents. But seems like taste varies...
Old Nov 26, 2001, 5:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:
I wonder why Fosters and Dogwood are among the planned choices and not Samuel Adams.</font>
I believe that every CRC has a local microbrew that they try to promote. Hence Dogwood in ATL. Not sure what the others are, but I'm sure someone has a list somewhere.

Old Nov 26, 2001, 5:39 pm

As Russ says, we're fortunate to have a wide variety of beverages. Seems to me that AA and UA both charge for even soft drinks, while CO and NW have policies simialr to DL (although at least some NW locations are more Jim Beam caliber than Jack D or Makers). As for me, I'm happy with a decent wine (which I'm consuming in CVG as I type this) and resort to Jack D etc. only in the absence of good wine. As for wine, DL has done a nice job, both in flite and in the CRC, of upgrading their selection. Western Air (from which I still have a lifetime CRC membership, in addition to the PM status) used to be only beer and wine, and that was fine with me so long as the quality was there.

Russ, sorry to hear about the surgery. I was in the T CRC a few weeks back and had a very nice visit with the folks there. Somehow, FT came up, and they said it was too bad Russ wasn't there due to surgery (altho I recall it was knee or something like that) so maybe you're the guy. Anyway, I left my business card for "Russ". When you're back in business, and if the same guy, drop me an Email or call me. (my FF# ends in 88)
Old Nov 26, 2001, 7:47 pm

So I assume the Piper Heidsack in the BE lounge is a memory too?

Interesting that the scotch was cut back, but not the bourbon. Of course this is a southern airline.

Not that black label is the end all be all, but red label isn't even palateable with coke.

I'll have to see if there's still a Glenmorangie 10 on my next flight.

Highly agree that there's no *****ing as long as it's still free. Especially for me as since the advent of BE US I've had no need for a CRC membership--wonder how much longer that will last? Emphasis on "as long as it's still free". Who knows how much longer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.