Wiki Posts
Search

Biz Class ATL-LAS?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No More Loyalty
Biz Class ATL-LAS?

Looking at ATL-LAS flights in late March/early April. Anyone know why the first-class section of DL104 would be labeled business class on the DL web site? The pop-up on the flight number shows it be a 764, the seat map says it's a 762. But there are 7 rows in the front of the plane, and I thought the 762s were all retired anyway, so I'm assuming it's a 764. I called Delta and asked but the agent was clueless.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Sirecca
Looking at ATL-LAS flights in late March/early April. Anyone know why the first-class section of DL104 would be labeled business class on the DL web site? The pop-up on the flight number shows it be a 764, the seat map says it's a 762. But there are 7 rows in the front of the plane, and I thought the 762s were all retired anyway, so I'm assuming it's a 764. I called Delta and asked but the agent was clueless.
Could this be one of the 767-400's that has ungone the conversion to a international version with a BE section?

MO
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by Sirecca
DL104 appears to have a domestic configured 767-400 assigned.

Apparently, DL104 starts its journey as an 11:55PM departure from GRU (Sao Paulo, Brazil).....stops in ATL the next morning.....before continuing on to LAS.

Since the "flight" includes an international segment, both are labeled as "business class"....despite it being the same as domestic FC.

This sort of practice is becoming much more common.

A.J.

Last edited by Bulldog King; Feb 2, 2006 at 2:30 pm
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:20 pm

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Bulldog King is correct. If a flight originates internationally and stops over in the US, the 2nd leg will show Business rather than first.

As for the flight showing a 762 on the seating chart. This is a programming error. There are several flights I have been on that show this and it is in fact a 764. If it shows 36 FC seats up front and Coach starts with 17 it is for sure a 764.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
It must be a change of gauge as well, since all the Brasil flights are 767-300s
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:32 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
It's a 764 - i've flown this flight already. I also flew an extra section this past Monday that was a 763-ER with BE seating. That was a good flight..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.