Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home again! Experience at airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2001, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by underpressure:
not monly should they have handcuffed you, I wish they would have stuffed a rag in your mouth and taped your fingers together so you couln't type.... swelfish *******!

</font>
This type of posting is not appreciated by anyone on this board. Although I am opposed to moderators when not really needed, this is a case where one would come in handy.

underpressure, I think that an apology is in order to B747-437B.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 9:41 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
underpressure: shame. soap. mouth. eat. go. apologize. forget. No, don't forget... decency... apologize... apologize... apologize?

437: I assume from all posts you are a citizen... it doesn't make a lot of difference, but either way: almost all of us will support you/us. It shouldn't be a difference. I'm not ready to kick the a**holes off the bus, but I'm sure ready to kick them... In the long run, we in the USA would all be better off with a few of THEM fed to history and more of the folks who have come here voluntarily lionized.

If you are THEM, you have read it yourself. I didn't say it.

America is strongest when we are all America.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 9:47 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
I'm sorry that my response has not been strong enough.

Underpressure, please apologize. I beg you.

Old Sep 16, 2001, 1:53 pm

underpressure is right. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I really DO NOT have the right to live in a free country and exercise those freedoms. It is obvious that his freedoms are threatened by my continued freedom, so why should I be so selfish? I apologize to underpressure for any expectations that I be treated like a human being.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 1:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EyeFlyDoc:
The really scary thing is that security is really not much better now than it was before this nightmare started. Bruce is right, the highjackers had IDs - they showed them to get on the planes they took over. For that matter, why are the airlines being forced to continue asking bag questions? Does anyone really believe that a highjacker smart enough to learn to pilot a 767 would be dumb enough to admit that they had a weapon or explosive? When we look back on this disaster one of the contributing factors will clearly be stupidity... </font>
They ask the bag questions because of PA 103. I guess they will start asking us if we have pilot training, in reaction to this latest tragedy.

Old Sep 16, 2001, 7:40 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Maybe underpressure just needs a little aloe for the sunburn on their neck.

Had the Delta profilers been doing their job correctly, they would have had a cute flight attendant ask B747 if SHE could handcuff him.

He not only would have complied happily, he may have even provided a blindfold and riding crop to finish the scenario.

And don't try to deny it B747

------------------
Have a great day!!
~~Missy~~
Old Sep 16, 2001, 7:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
And don't try to deny it B747
</font>
I plead the fifth.

Old Sep 16, 2001, 10:46 pm

I have posted my trip report with full details of my experience at JFK last night.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/002144.html
Old Sep 17, 2001, 6:01 am
Original Poster

b747
An amazingly sad story.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
B747-437B, I have friends of mine who are Iranian Jews that came to this country when the Shah was overthrown. They also have dark complexions and have Middle Eastern names. It is sad that they too will be subjected to profiling, especially since they had death warrants issued on them by the Ayatollah's police because they were Jewish and came from a wealthy family.

Also on a side note, the present ruling party of mollahs has used the crisis in the USA as an excuse to round up anyone who disagrees with them. http://www.irvl.net/news16.htm
Old Sep 17, 2001, 6:44 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
I have posted my trip report with full details of my experience at JFK last night.

</font>
A truely sad story! I hate to think this is where we are going. I hope someone from Delta reads this. While security is of the utmost importance, the way you were treated went beyond what should be allowed.

Were there not any redcoats in the area? Certainly with your status with Delta, there is someone who might listen to your story.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 7:43 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:

</font>
I posted myy comment on the thread with the trip report
Old Sep 17, 2001, 10:16 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">...
Were there not any redcoats in the area? Certainly with your status with Delta, there is someone who might listen to your story.[/B]</font>
Gator 21, we are talking about Delta here! Under the best of times, this would have not happened.

Don't look for presence of mind, commitment to the company, or any thing to do with taking care of your passengers from Delta.

If you doubt this, I suggest you post to 10kster to get the Delta company line.

Dang sad...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.