Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX double Skymiles promo for entire year...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
AMEX double Skymiles promo for entire year...

I received a promo card in the mail today that indicates I will receive double miles on all purchases in each month that I spend at least $600. It runs from 2/1/06-12/31/06. No enrollment necessary, but the card says it's good for selected cardmembers only. The bonus miles will be capped at 20k. Anyone else receive this?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Must be a different card? I have a DL Plat Skymiles and received two offers: double miles for all purchases in Feb 06, and 25% bonus for all miles in a month provided that $3500 or more is spent in that month.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Originally Posted by Luggage Tag
Must be a different card? I have a DL Plat Skymiles and received two offers: double miles for all purchases in Feb 06, and 25% bonus for all miles in a month provided that $3500 or more is spent in that month.
It is. I'm 99% sure this is for my personal AMEX Skymiles Gold card. While I also have a gold business card, the promo card was only addressed to me and made no mention of my business name, so I'm assuming it's the personal one.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:57 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Amex owns lots of SkyMiles! I think we will see more of this.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Plat Elite
I have a DL Plat card and I need to spend at least 5000 per month to get the double miles. No registration required.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
When did you get this offer?

Originally Posted by skharidh
I have a DL Plat card and I need to spend at least 5000 per month to get the double miles. No registration required.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:49 pm

Sorry if this is OT, but I got the following offer in the mail a couple days ago
(note all the restrictions on the types of purchases that are eligible for double miles):

"You can get closer to your next vacation with your purchases this February. Whether you pick up roses, buy a cozy blanket, grab a DVD, purchase new furniture or appliances - just about anything can give you the miles you need to get away.

February is a short month, but there are plenty of opportunities to earn Double Miles. Valentine's Day gifts, Presidents' Day sales, and more. So remember to use your Card. Because when you do, you can find Double Miles - almost everywhere you look."

Fine print: "Offer valid on retail purchases posted from 02/01/06 to 02/28/06. Bonus category does not include travel, restaurant, entertainment, charities, wholesale goods and services, and business services. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the promotion for the bonus miles to be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account. Bonus miles for this offer are limited to 10,000. This offer is available to select Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers only. Cardmembers who earn Always Double Miles will continue to earn Double Miles for eligible purchases. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Balance transfers, Express Cash, and U.S. Savings Bonds transactions do not apply. In each year of Cardmembership your mileage earnings are limited to $60,000 of eligible spending ($100,000 for Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers, unlimited for Platinum Delta SkyMiles Cardmembers), not including bonuses. Promo Code H080:0001. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles.

I wish I knew the method to their madness.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by senoreit
Sorry if this is OT, but I got the following offer in the mail a couple days ago
(note all the restrictions on the types of purchases that are eligible for double miles):

"You can get closer to your next vacation with your purchases this February. Whether you pick up roses, buy a cozy blanket, grab a DVD, purchase new furniture or appliances - just about anything can give you the miles you need to get away.

February is a short month, but there are plenty of opportunities to earn Double Miles. Valentine's Day gifts, Presidents' Day sales, and more. So remember to use your Card. Because when you do, you can find Double Miles - almost everywhere you look."

Fine print: "Offer valid on retail purchases posted from 02/01/06 to 02/28/06. Bonus category does not include travel, restaurant, entertainment, charities, wholesale goods and services, and business services. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the promotion for the bonus miles to be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account. Bonus miles for this offer are limited to 10,000. This offer is available to select Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers only. Cardmembers who earn Always Double Miles will continue to earn Double Miles for eligible purchases. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Balance transfers, Express Cash, and U.S. Savings Bonds transactions do not apply. In each year of Cardmembership your mileage earnings are limited to $60,000 of eligible spending ($100,000 for Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers, unlimited for Platinum Delta SkyMiles Cardmembers), not including bonuses. Promo Code H080:0001. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles.

I wish I knew the method to their madness.
I got the same one. No registration of any kind necessary. The verbiage about travel, restaurant, entertainment, charities and some other categories not being eligible is something I haven't seen before.

But towards the bottom, it said people who get AlwaysDouble Miles, which would include restaurant and travel (DL tickets) would still get those bonus miles.

How do they determine the categories of these transactions? Does someone look at your transactions or do they have some code to categorize the merchant or transaction types?

Also, if you get double miles on groceries, gas, etc. every month, what happens in a double miles month? Do they give you those again 8-12 weeks after your normal credit card bill posts to your DL SkyMiles account?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
50% bonus for $1,250. How many permutations are there?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hope these promos are still on the way! I put aside my DL AMEX card for use only on Always Double Miles purchases until a new promo comes my way. Right now, Im using US Airways' new mastercard for 1.5 miles on everything I purchase this year.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:37 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Are there any curret bonus miles offers for DL Biz Plat cards? The card is in the drawer til I see one
Old May 8, 2006, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

The double miles for the first month of this promo (February 1-28) posted to my Skymiles account on April 27th. One thing I did notice was that I received double miles for all of my purchases, including those on which I had already received a bonus for when the statement originally closed (gas, cell phone bill, etc.) Therefore, those purchases ended up netting me three miles per dollar. I had considered cancelling this card when the annual fee comes due next month, but as of now, I'm still undecided. Anyone else in on this promo?
Old May 8, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum, AA Plat
My version of this promo is 50% bonus when I spend more than $2,500 in a month.

I exceeded this threshold in February and March, and my February bonus posted at the end of april.

Since i'm pretty close to hitting my 25k threshold with 6 months to go, I probably won't take much advantage of this (except when I travel a lot) and use my SPG Amex instead for anything thats not "always double miles".

Obviously, I'd much rather have the double miles for over $600 or be eligible for the triple miles promotion in May and June!
Old May 8, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Once again, no stinking postcard for me. What am I, chopped liver???
Old May 8, 2006, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Recreation
Once again, no stinking postcard for me. What am I, chopped liver???
Goodbye AMEX!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.