Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is BOM like between 02:00 and 04:00?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

What is BOM like between 02:00 and 04:00?

My friend is trying to fly BOM-JFK-SFO on a standby ticket (buddy pass) with her space-positive backup flight BOM-SIN-SFO leaving at 6:45 am. The questions:

1. How does DL handle standby passengers in BOM? Are they sent to the gate to wait, or must they guard their luggage at the checkin counter until the last moment?

2. If she cannot get on the DL flight, will she need to exit the terminal, or is there somewhere comfortable and safe she can sit while she waits for AI to open their counters?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:25 am

BOM has really nice reclining chairs prior to security... almost like pool chairs. Great for getting stuck in an airport.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
I think that the nice chairs are after the immigration counters. I do not think that the standby passengers are allowed through those. AFAIK, you wait at near the ticketing counters and there are no reclining chairs there.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by DLrunner
I think that the nice chairs are after the immigration counters.
You are right. It is before security, but after immigration. Bummer.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

... so don't leave me hangin

Is there somewhere safe (like a cafe or something) where she'll be able to wait without going through immigration?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM, HH Diamond
I've probably been through BOM 10 times, and I have no idea. Waitlist procedures in India are probably not commonly known. I wish I could help you.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
I think there is one cafe before immigration. I do not know if it is a 24 hour cafe though. She may be able to wait there for the waitlist to clear. Though personally I would just wait in sight of the TA till the waitlist clears. I am pretty sure about the cafe. I was in BOM less than 10 days ago.

Last edited by DLrunner; Jan 25, 2006 at 8:57 pm Reason: Added info
Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
There is one cafe just past the entrance doors on the way to the Delta counters. If you friend does not like rats, perhaps she should avoid it, or don't look down like I did. I don't recall any other places to sit prior to immigration.

This airport is a vastly different experience from the other airports on your friend's itinerary. I would recommend sticking with a confirmed itinerary at BOM.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:32 am

What, 8 posts concerning a buddy pass, and no complaints about upgrade policies?
People, get on the ball!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Clubcarlson Silver
Chairs Before Immigration

I just came back from BOM on an Air France flight. Air France leaves from Terminal 2C in BOM, I think Delta leaves from 2C also. I noticed that just after check-in and before immigration there were nice chairs to sit and relax. Although these chairs were not as comfy as the ones in the lounge below (after immigration), they were nicely padded.
Also there is a cafe where you can get something to eat and juice/soda. This is in a corner beyond the forex vendors and the water coolers.
Hope this helps

Last edited by atl_gsp; Jan 26, 2006 at 2:25 pm
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atl_gsp
I just came back from BOM on an Air France flight. Air France leaves from Terminal 2C in BOM, I think Delta leaves from 2C also.
I'm not sure what the terminal numbers are, but AF and DL definitely do not operate from the same terminal at BOM. AF uses the newer and better AI side and DL uses the other one.

And yes, there is a cafe / restaurant one can sit and wait at in the check in area.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by atl_gsp
I just came back from BOM on an Air France flight. Air France leaves from Terminal 2C in BOM, I think Delta leaves from 2C also. I noticed that just after check-in and before immigration there were nice chairs to sit and relax. Although these chairs were not as comfy as the ones in the lounge below (after immigration), they were nicely padded.
Also there is a cafe where you can get something to eat and juice/soda. This is in a corner beyond the forex vendors and the water coolers.
Hope this helps
Glad to hear that you managed to actually try one of those chairs. Everytime I go by it seems like they are all taken except for the one or two with a bunch of unidentifiable nasty-looking stuff.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Doooood

how much does flying with a hangover SUCK?

(sorry, didn't seem like it warranted a new thread but it had to be said)
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by misbeehavin
I'm not sure what the terminal numbers are, but AF and DL definitely do not operate from the same terminal at BOM. AF uses the newer and better AI side and DL uses the other one.

And yes, there is a cafe / restaurant one can sit and wait at in the check in area.
You're right. AF operates from Terminal 2C at BOM while DL flies out of 2A. Just flew DL119 BOM-CDG this morning and 2A is truly a DUMP. The shops after immigration are pathetic, the lounge is almost fourth-worldish (if that's possible) and those reclining chairs peppered throughout the gate waiting area all looked filthy. Others flying out of 2A include NW, LH, BA, LX, AZ, and BD. Hopefully with the just approved privatization effort, BOM will start to look better in a few years..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.