Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Please read the topics on the board before you post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2001, 1:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown

Right now, there are at least 4 different ongoing threads about how DL lost money this last quarter. It would be really helpful if, before posting a thread, you'd check to make sure that the topic isn't already posted. If you aren't sure a topic is covered by the cryptic words that sometimes comprise topic subjects, then you might try doing a search on the subject.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 3:12 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
jeffreyt: Amen.

I do, however, prefer to reply to topics raised by regular discussion contributors to the Delta Board; I've mostly given up following the long lists of news item referrals that masquerade as topics. So I guess I'd say two threads relating to a similar topic are okay, so long as one of them is really ours.

Ah, well, here we have yet another thread on that same topic of too many threads....

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.

[edited for spelling name]

[This message has been edited by LexPassenger (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 19, 2001, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Another example of where a moderator could improve the boards.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 4:38 pm
Original Member

Good to see that nothing changes around here, folks

Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:16 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'll try to be especially careful. Thanks Jeffrey!
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:34 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Thanks, doc. I'll certainly appreciate it, if nobody else does. Your posts are sometimes useful, sometimes duplicative. I would much rather say "almost always useful."

That will sure be a lot more work, but I hope you're up to it! Again, thanks.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Duplicate topics tend to be an issue on all the boards; however, I have found a simple solution. If I see a topic that looks similar to one I have just read or contributed to, I make the decision not to read it. Simplistic and workable.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DOC !!!

------------------
What do you mean I can't charge my heart bypass to my Visa? I need the MILES!!!
Old Jul 20, 2001, 3:11 am
In Memoriam

Jeff:

I agree and I wonder what half of these topics have to do with the Delta Skymiles topic that this is supposed to be about.
I would guess that there are other "I hate Delta" sites out there where people can whine to their hearts content.

------------------
DL PM, UA Plat, Marriott PM, Hyatt Gold
Old Jul 20, 2001, 7:27 am

Hey Seth, Guess what. I had a "heart bypass" operation last year and did charge it to Visa! Used the miles to travel to Hawaii last month.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 9:45 am
GG

jefferty, thank you for reminding people of this, or pointing it out to newbies.

james, nice to see you here again. Plus ça change and all that.

underpressure, like all of FT, this forum has evolved and has its own little ways. It is considered perfectly acceptable to post questions on topics such as flying standby, luggage, how to navigate airports, download DL's flight schedule, deal with cancelled flights, compare upgrade strategies - none of those are directly about Skymiles, of course, but they are about Delta and flying on Delta.

We are also generally pretty polite to each other here, even when we disagree. "Whining" is a loaded word. One man's whining is another's righteous complaint.

You have just joined an on-going community. That's great, we are usually happy to welcome new folks of all flavors. But I will suggest that if you don't like what goes on here, it's not up to the rest of us to go elsewhere.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 10:12 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

dander- Way to go! And I do hope that you were also eventually reimbursed by the Health Insurance Co folks! Most importantly, please stay well!

---

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
jeffreyt: Amen.

I do, however, prefer to reply to topics raised by regular discussion contributors to the Delta Board; I've mostly given up following the long lists of news item referrals that masquerade as topics. So I guess I'd say two threads relating to a similar topic are okay, so long as one of them is really ours.

Ah, well, here we have yet another thread on that same topic of too many threads....

</font>
---

"ours"? Do you realize how seemingly arrogant this may appear? I would sincerely hope that you do not mean it to be so. Are some "entitled" to be here while others are not? Do you actually feel that you are somehow a judge of what is valuable here? I hope not!

At the risk of unnecessarily perpetuating this thread, you have previously made some less than gracious and potentially inflammatory remarks that I, for one, do not appreciate.

Are you now saying that rules/ guidelines/ protocol are fine, perhaps appropriate for others, but that you will simply do as you deem appropriate regardless? Again, I would surely hope not!

---

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
Thanks, doc. I'll certainly appreciate it, if nobody else does. Your posts are sometimes useful, sometimes duplicative. I would much rather say "almost always useful."

That will sure be a lot more work, but I hope you're up to it! Again, thanks.

</font>
---

You're most welcome, I guess. Yet I'm admittedly somewhat baffled, since I do not duplicate the threads of others as it stands, nor have I in the past, and I will not in the future.

I actually could not do any more work for FT if I tried! Remember, I'm only part-time!

I've always earnestly searched prior to posting and made every effort to add the latest facts to an ongoing discussion. Please do not think that because I do not respond, that I have not read the thoughts expressed by others. About some things, at some times, I simply just have no strong opinion or one worth expressing! And so I don't!

I said that I will try to be especially careful and I meant it.

In any case, I respect your personal preferences as well as those of others and I truly hope that you also can perhaps be somewhat mindful of everyone - including me!

IMHO, it's a better world for ALL of us when we ALL work together!

Have a great weekend EVERYONE!!
Old Jul 20, 2001, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dander:
Hey Seth, Guess what. I had a "heart bypass" operation last year and did charge it to Visa! Used the miles to travel to Hawaii last month.</font>
Good job, dander. But does that mean they can undo it if you don't make your monthly payments?

------------------
What do you mean I can't charge my heart bypass to my Visa? I need the MILES!!!
Old Jul 21, 2001, 3:21 am
In Memoriam

"underpressure, like all of FT, this forum has evolved and has its own little ways. It is considered perfectly acceptable to post questions on topics such as flying standby, luggage, how to navigate airports, download DL's flight schedule, deal with cancelled flights, compare upgrade strategies - none of those are directly about Skymiles, of course, but they are about Delta and flying on Delta.

We are also generally pretty polite to each other here, even when we disagree. "Whining" is a loaded word. One man's whining is another's righteous complaint.

You have just joined an on-going community. That's great, we are usually happy to welcome new folks of all flavors. But I will suggest that if you don't like what goes on here, it's not up to the rest of us to go elsewhere."

I have no problem with the "righteous complaints" It just seems as though some folks can go on and on and on.

Although it shows me as a new member, I have been here for a while. When the board updated, my old name didn't pop up so I thought I would try a new one.

I do receive a good bit of good info here, it is just frustrating to see the same complaints repeated ad nauseum. (my interpretation of whining.)

Nor had I suggested that anyone go anywhere.

safe travels.....

------------------
DL PM, UA Plat, Marriott PM, Hyatt Gold
Old Jul 21, 2001, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I have seen folks apologize for starting a new thread and then resurrect a thread that had not seen a new post since 1999.

Am I dense or what? I think I would prefer reading a new thread with only the 2001 posts, rather than have to scroll down through the Dead Sea Scrolls to find the new posts each time.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Watchful:
I have seen folks apologize for starting a new thread and then resurrect a thread that had not seen a new post since 1999.

Am I dense or what? I think I would prefer reading a new thread with only the 2001 posts, rather than have to scroll down through the Dead Sea Scrolls to find the new posts each time.
</font>
I agree. Things change very quickly with these subjects, and I see little value to the "historic context". This isn't a newspaper or the Congressional Record.

I think many of us like to see new opinions, fresh opinions and debate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.