Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

crown room refuses spousal equivalent, AA accepts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2001, 9:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro

One of the many reasons I left Delta was the Crown Room. In the 1980s, Delta accepted my significant other as a spousal equivalent. In the last few years, they informed me they no longer would. When I switched from GM to PLT on AA, I emailed the Admirals Club.
They sent me a form to get notarized for a spousal equivalent.
Simply Good Business by Delta again.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 10:42 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I think this is unacceptable for Delta to do that. Signigificant others should qualify.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 11:06 am

The System Manager for Hospitality Services (which is over all Crown Room Clubs) was asked about this in an internal DL employee digest a few months ago. His answer was:

"For domestic partnerships, as well as in marriages where the wife doesn’t assume the husband’s last name, we require proof of the relationship. In the case of marriage, we require the marriage certificate. For domestic partnerships (both same- and opposite-sex couples), we require that an affidavit of domestic partnership be signed, notarized and forwarded to us."

It seems you may have just had an agent that wasn't aware. I'm sure if you would have contacted Customer Care and/or your Medallion desk, they could have explained DL's policy better. I'm sorry we lost you as a member through poor communication.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 11:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Sounds good. But I wrote to Delta after we were turned down.We were actually contacted by the Crown Room HQ and informed that they would allow one more spousal signup, but not after that one time.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to sound glib but.... If you divorced a wife and then wanted to do it for a new wife, they would want to see documentation.

Also, what if you were a member from someplace like Saudi where up to 4 wives can be legal. Could you do four spouse memberships???

[This message has been edited by hfly (edited 06-27-2001).]
Old Jun 27, 2001, 7:27 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion. It was the same person. He became a Flying Colonel, so he had his own membership for years. When they ended that [free Crown Room] program, they refused to reinstitute him as my spouse, even when I mailed them a copy of the old membership listing him as my spouse.
What they did in the 80's, they refused to do in the 90's.
SGB
Old Jun 27, 2001, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
I had to jump through hoops because my wife has a different last name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.