Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Eagle code shares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2001, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
American Eagle code shares

Does anyone know when they're supposed to start? They haven't been loaded into any schedules yet (that I know of).
Old Jun 25, 2001, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Since when is DL code sharing with American Eagle???????????????????

Old Jun 25, 2001, 7:51 am

It is only in Southern CA starting in the 4Q of 2001 according to the press release:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010509/atw026.html
Old Jun 25, 2001, 8:54 am

Programs: Vanishing
This is very good news, although it looks very much like the schedules we had with SkyWest before they were given up to United.

/Pete
Old Aug 28, 2002, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Question re AA Eagle codeshares out of LAX

Can these flights only be booked as a connection? I tried booking a SAN-LAX segment and it basically tells me no flights at that time (there are!) but if I look for SAN-BOS, one of the connections offered is SAN-LAX-BOS. Can one book SAN-LAX as a stand alone segment without a connection in LAX?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:03 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I don't think Delta offers a fare between SAN-LAX so that may be why it's not offering you anything other than a connection.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:09 am

Maybe I'm slow. The subject of the original message asked about AA Eagle.. not Delta. So shouldn't this be in the AA board?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:12 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mspman:
Maybe I'm slow. The subject of the original message asked about AA Eagle.. not Delta. So shouldn't this be in the AA board?</font>
The question was about booking them as DL codes rather than AA codes, though.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mspman:
Maybe I'm slow. The subject of the original message asked about AA Eagle.. not Delta. So shouldn't this be in the AA board?</font>
For several months, DL has been codesharing on AA Eagle flights out of LAX to SAN, MRY, FAT, SBP, SBA and PSP. This subject belongs here, not on AA board.

I guess I don't understand why DL puts LAX-SAN into its printed timetable if it will not sell you a stand alone ticket for that route. Is this true with all the AA Eage codeshare routes or just to SAN?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
For several months, DL has been codesharing on AA Eagle flights out of LAX to SAN, MRY, FAT, SBP, SBA and PSP. This subject belongs here, not on AA board.

I guess I don't understand why DL puts LAX-SAN into its printed timetable if it will not sell you a stand alone ticket for that route. Is this true with all the AA Eage codeshare routes or just to SAN?
</font>
DL does NOT sell any of the Eagle routes as stand alone. They are only sold as connecting flights.

Its in the printed timetable so that people can find what connecting flights are available.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 9:07 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
So since the tunnel at LAX is closed now between terminal 5 and 4 (where these flights depart from), is there a bus to get over to terminal 4, or do they have to run out of security, outside the terminal, and back through security in the other terminal?

Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:26 pm

Xfer at LAX from Delta to American Eagle

Wandering if anyone has experience or info on changing flights in LAX. I'm coming in from MEX to LAX connecting to Delta Codeshare on American Eagle to SJC.

Do they leave from the same terminal? I suspect not!
Is there a shuttle from one terminal to the other (without going out of the secure area)?
How much time should I plan from one terminal to the other?

As I have a long connection time, I was planning on hanging out at the CRC for sometime and then head over to the SJC flight.

By the way, I do the reverse routing and connection (SJC, LAX, MEX) flight 5 days later. I don't think it makes much of a difference tough.

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 18, 2004, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
DL has a shuttle link with AA at gate 52 at LAX. You shouldn't have to leave security to get over to AA. I'm not sure about coming from AA to DL though. AA is right next door at T4. Some DL flights go into T6 though and i'm not sure about the setup over there.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 9:16 pm

DL to AA American Eagle is the easiest connection to make! I have had excellent luck catching a shuttle off the Delta Councourse which takes you right over to the AA American Eagle Terminal which is on the west side of the international terminal. All passengers have to "bus" to this terminal....so connecting is easy.

In fact, everytime I have made the connection (about 4 or 5 times)... I was only 1 of 1 or 2 passengers on the bus. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes. It is also a nice ride, as you get a worms eye view of the airplanes from the bus.

I am usually standing at the American Eagle gate within 15 minutes of arriving in LAX on DL. (It seems to work fine both ways). The shuttle travels to terminal 5 and terminal 6.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 19, 2004, 1:33 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
There are three shuttle bus routes to/from the American Eagle terminal. This allows you to go between all the terminals at LAX (except Terminal 1) without leaving security.

There's a bus from Terminals 5 and 6 to AE. There's another bus from Terminal 4 to AE, and a third bus from Terminals 2 and 3 to AE. To transfer, for example, between Terminal 6 and Terminal 4, you'd take one bus to the Eagle terminal, then a different bus to Terminal 4.

Of course if you choose to leave the secured area, you can walk or take the Inter-terminal bus, outside security, to another terminal. There you'll hafta fool with security all over again. It's much easier to transfer airside via the AE terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.