Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2001, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the info Quin.

10kster---I will prob use miles to upgrade, rather than for a freebie, as my trip, by happenstance, falls w/in the bonus double mile window. Happily, Starwood has a South American promotion going as well. Dunno if I will take them up on it, or go with something local.

Either of you guys make it out to Chilean wine country?

Regards, and Safe Journeys,

O/H

Old Jun 7, 2001, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
About Chilean Wine Country-

I did visit a vineyard, "Vina Cousino Macul" that is in Santiago. A Chilean couple we met in Easter Island (and still keep in touch with) told us about it and met us there when they had a tour. If my memory serves me correctly, it is on Avenida Quilin, which is off of Amerigo Vespucio. Chilean wine is good and inexpensive.

On the culinary topic, the other popular drink is the Pisco Sour, which is good if you like sour and strong. Chilean seafood is very good, possibly the best seafood restaurant in Santiago is "Aqui Esta Coco" which is in Providencia, a lot of famous people ate there. Try the Machas a la Parmesana, like clams, baked in half shell with cheese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.