Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles/Amex point discrepancies

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
SkyMiles/Amex point discrepancies

I just received my Welcome Bonus Miles from Amex... 10K, however, the offer I applied for was the Gold 15K promotion. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know the most direct route for resolving this? Is Delta's problem or Amex's issue? Who would you say should be my first point of contact?

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Misery loves company!
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by DLfan
LOL, I think it was you who noted the other day after I won 12 days, that maybe I might start posting in the DL forum. Well, here I am
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
It's a pretty safe place to call home. Some of the other forums have been known to eat their young.

Seriously, the OP in that other linked thread had the same issue with AMEX that you're having. Figured you'd discover by reading that thread that sometimes AMEX posts these freebie's at different times. You'll eventually get whatever they offered you.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by tj41
Who would you say should be my first point of contact?
I would suggest PMing Traveller ...
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by vasantn
I would suggest PMing Traveller ...
Har har har.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 8:30 pm
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
This has happened to all of my family members save one. Call AMEX and they will instigate "an investigation" and get back to you via mail (not email). All of my family members got a USPS letter after a week or 2 saying that the missing miles were credited. However, all of my family members got the missing miles credited *the very next day after the PHONE call*. So just call.

Last edited by ET; Dec 24, 2005 at 2:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.