Search

Seating question on 777, JFK- CDG.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2000, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Seating question on 777, JFK- CDG.

This is my 1st trip on DL's 777 service to Europe. I am booked on DL118 JFK-CDG in exit row 44 seats A & B. Do these seats fully recline? Also how much legroom is there?

My 2nd choice is the bulkhead row 30. However, I can only get middle seating so far. Is there much legroom there?

If any of you have any experience on the 777, I would appreciate your input. Is there a row that you would recommend over the exit or bulkhead?
Old Nov 14, 2000, 1:54 am

I'd keep what you have. The seats you mention have acres of leg room -- way more than row 30.
Old Nov 14, 2000, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

MichaelMac, thanks for the tip on the legroom, what about row 44 fully reclining? Also is there any other row that I overlooked?
Originally posted by MichaelMac:
I'd keep what you have. The seats you mention have acres of leg room -- way more than row 30.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old Nov 14, 2000, 6:55 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Row 44 does recline all the way.
There are 2 problems, seat A has a the hump from the exit door in front of it and it does get in the way a little bit. You have to sit at an angle to stretch your legs straight out. The area in front of 44 is also a place that people loiter while waiting for the WC.
They are much better than a middle seat in 30.
As for the bulkhead seats, 30C and G has the curtain that goes to BE in front of it so there is no obstruction. Bulkhead row 44 has more leg room than row 30.
IMO, the best seats in order are---
44B, 30C & G, 44C & G, 44A, 44D thru F.
Old Nov 14, 2000, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Tomphot, I booked 44 A & B on the outgoing but could not get it on the return. All that was available on the return was row 30 & 44 in the middle or 31 A & B which I booked so that my girlfriend and I would sit alone. Did I make a mistake not taking the middle 30's or the middle 44's for this long a flight? Also is there any other row to consider besides 44 & 30?
Originally posted by Tomphot:
Row 44 does recline all the way.
There are 2 problems, seat A has a the hump from the exit door in front of it and it does get in the way a little bit. You have to sit at an angle to stretch your legs straight out. The area in front of 44 is also a place that people loiter while waiting for the WC.
They are much better than a middle seat in 30.
As for the bulkhead seats, 30C and G has the curtain that goes to BE in front of it so there is no obstruction. Bulkhead row 44 has more leg room than row 30.
IMO, the best seats in order are---
44B, 30C & G, 44C & G, 44A, 44D thru F.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old Nov 14, 2000, 10:34 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I love the 44s on the 777. My favourite is the 44 Aisles and surprisingly - 44D

44D which is next to the middle has a retractable armrest which you can move up. This sesat is 4 inches wider than the rest and the bulkhead is just the right distance to place your feat up on (I am 6ft 3inches).

Row 30 is better than the rest of the sardine can.

By the way - how do you book these seats in advance on International routes? I am new to Delta.
Old Nov 14, 2000, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DL only let's you pick the seats on international flights after you purchase the ticket. Why we can't preview them like on domestic flights is not explained.

I looked up the seats on the ITN site.
Originally posted by davistev:
I love the 44s on the 777. My favourite is the 44 Aisles and surprisingly - 44D

44D which is next to the middle has a retractable armrest which you can move up. This sesat is 4 inches wider than the rest and the bulkhead is just the right distance to place your feat up on (I am 6ft 3inches).

Row 30 is better than the rest of the sardine can.

By the way - how do you book these seats in advance on International routes? I am new to Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.