Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles expiration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2000, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
SkyMiles expiration

Just noticed that my SkyMiles mileage expiration date on the DL site reads "31Dec2010". Is this new? Or is it just a big? It used to be the end of the foloowing month, 3 yrs away. Has there been a change?
Old Oct 10, 2000, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Account and Mileage Expiration

Accounts with no activity for 12 consecutive months after enrollment will be deleted. Should future activity occur, a new SkyMiles number can be obtained by contacting Delta.
Miles will not expire as long as you participate in one of the following activities every three years: travel on a qualifying Delta, Delta Connection, Delta Express or Delta Shuttle flight; participate in the SkyMiles program with one of the SkyMiles program partners, including airline partners, hotel, car rental, American Express/SkyMiles Credit Card or any other program partner such as cruise lines, restaurants, mortgages, real estate and telephone partner; redeem your miles for a SkyMiles Award

I got this from the Delta website.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/member..._reg/index.jsp
Old Oct 10, 2000, 6:54 pm

Milejunkie:

I noticed the same thing last year. It appears that DL made things simpler by having the account purges only done at the end of each calendar year. So, if one's activity period ends in January, 2001, theoretically, it would remain active till December 31, 2004 (almost 4 years).
Old Oct 11, 2000, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I noticed the change, too. I'm holding on to a bunch of SkyRewards 500-mile certificates that I will credit, one each, to my five family members (besides myself) in January 2001. That way their accumulated miles can't expire until December 2004, even if they never buy a ticket (which seems to be the case, because I always give them free ones). I have tested this theory on my daughter's account: SkyRewards certificates do restart the 3-year clock.

Bruce
Old Oct 11, 2000, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
2010 is a little farther than 3 years away.

Now we need to get everyone's date adjusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.