Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 1998, 11:15 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Double check those tickets!

Has anyone with Delta or any airline booked
tickets over the phoen or Internet and ended
up getting the wrong flights?

My friends almost got standed in Atlanta because they never checked the tickets and
found their return to Beaumont, Tx was put in one day EARLY! They booked over the phone
and only found out the error at the gate!
Luckily they got on the plaen anyway.

Maybe it's their error, maybe Delta's. But
I tell everyone "Did you double check your
reservations?" I do it before leaving and
returning and keep a copy of my itinerary in
my computer. My friends need to listen to
THE CATMAN!
Old Aug 10, 1998, 11:37 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Earlier this year I ended up taking a trip where I flew MSY-TPA then SRQ-SNA then SAN-MSY as a trip. The SRQ-SNA trip (originally to SAN until the flight got cancelled) was an award ticket. I had booked it the week before the trip, transferred some AMEX miles to have enough miles to get the ticket, then went to the airport for my MSY-TPA trip and tried to get the ticket issued. They couldn't find the ticket!!! I go to the CRC and call Special Member Services and they can't find it either, so I rebook the ticket. I go back to the check in counter and get the ticket issued. All is now fine and good and I fly to TPA. I get to SRQ to fly to SAN and I get checked in, except I get some real crappy seats, so I ask why I didn't get my originally assigned seats, and the agent tells me because the ticket is for yesterday!!!! Needless to say I was really wondering about the system after that, and whether I had made the mistake or Delta ...
Old Aug 10, 1998, 11:49 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
even with electronic-ticketing (booking over the phone) ask the airline (they offer that service) to fax you the booked itinery.
Old Aug 10, 1998, 3:16 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Cheers to you RUDI! That's a great suggestion. I always ask for itinerarys and
reservation confirmations from hotels. Remember I'm having the problems with United
getting my mileage credit.

STILL waiting for the itinerary. CATMAN
Old Aug 10, 1998, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you Catman, and I am learning ITINERARY, that's one of the reason's I am chatting here - to improve my english.
Old Aug 12, 1998, 12:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Delta does not fax itineraries... I have been told that Elites are E-ticket resisitant.

I don't like them because you have no proof, you lose track of unused portions, and when changes are made to the ticket if they screw up you don't find out till too late.

Instant fax would help, but Delta is slow
Old Aug 12, 1998, 6:59 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I personally avoid E-tickets, especially on business travel, where I tend to have to change plans sometimes. A paper ticket is a lot more flexible and makes almost everything easier. The only downside to a paper ticket IMO is the risk of losing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.