Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta escapes program...where have you gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 1998, 2:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold

I have enjoyed the escapes program out of new york for the past six months. Delta apparently used the program as a test for only six months...it ended in may 98. After numerous calls to Delta, they finally called me back to inform me that they had gotten many responsed similar to mine. In fact, they thanked me and said that I may see an escapes program again for the fall. Does anyone have any further info on this?
Old Aug 6, 1998, 2:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold

I have enjoyed the escapes program out of new york for the past six months. Delta apparently used the program as a test for only six months...it ended in may 98. After numerous calls to Delta, they finally called me back to inform me that they had gotten many responsed similar to mine. In fact, they thanked me and said that I may see an escapes program again for the fall. Does anyone have any further info on this?
Old Aug 6, 1998, 3:10 pm
Commander Catcop

I used the Great Escapes program twice. It
was a nice "get away for the weekend" program
and even earned me a few extra SKYMILES points.

Make that two flyers who want to know what's
up with bringing back this program. It would
be good p-r for Delta. CATMAN
Old Aug 6, 1998, 4:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the DL escapes program? Any info would be appreciated.
Old Aug 7, 1998, 1:52 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
beeing - hopefully - able to us it (if it is relaunched) as a UA-member - please inform us - thank you.
Old Aug 7, 1998, 12:22 pm
Commander Catcop

JMS8090 - you can correct me on any of this
but if I remember...

Delta Great Escapes gave you a list of special airfares to about a dozen destinations around the world at very very
cheap rates.

Example: Got to Vegas for around 189 bucks
round trip. Amsterdam for around 265.55 US.
(I don't remember the exact prices but they
were so good for both places I booked them
and "escaped" for teh weekend.)

You have to call an 800-number on sunday morning to get the list of fares then punch
buttons to make a reservation.

What I DIDN"T like about the program is the
49 dollar fee, but I figured the money I saved made up the difference.

Have a feeling that since UNITED has its own
weekly supersaver fare announcements they send over e-mail Delta won't be resurrecting
its ESCAPES program.

It would have been easier for Delta to e-mail
the info.

IF I do hear anything else frequent flyer friends, I'll pass it on. CATMAN

Old Aug 7, 1998, 12:23 pm
Commander Catcop

Also now that I remember the Escapes program
only covered certain markets (NYC, Dallas)
but the Delta fans among us can clarify this
for us further. CATMAN
Old Aug 8, 1998, 9:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

yes...escapes started out of Atlanta, then on to cinci, then to dallas, and new york...actually, the program was better than any united deal since you could leave on a friday and return sunday, monday etc. Delta will probably try some form of the promo again due to their large presence in the ny area (this is a quote from a delta rep). the program was six months in duration while other markets outside of ny last for 1 year. i hope that delta monitors this thread so that they can see that demand for cheap fares is high! i'll keep you informed.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.