Wiki Posts
Search

delta crown club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 1998, 10:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

delta crown club

i travel alot with delta and thought to my self what if i joined the club.

1. do you get a luggle tag if you join
2. well they let you in the club even if you got off of a flight
3. bar service do the charges for booze
4. if you go to the club can you pay cash
if any body is a crown room club member let me know give me some info
Old Jun 18, 1998, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
1. You get two luggage tags and an ID card. The ID card has your membership expiration date. You're supposed to show it when you check in, but they can look up your membership status from your SkyMiles number if you don't have the ID. The luggage tags are just for show.
2. You can use it within 24 hours of any Delta flight, arriving or departing.
3. No charge for anything you drink. However, solid food is just bar munchies.
4. Yes. I think it's $35 per visit.
Old Jul 6, 1998, 11:07 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I have been a member of the Crown Room Club for about a year and a half now, and they run the clubs better than they run the rest of the airline.

I originally just paid the $300 dollar fee ($200 membership fee + $100 entrance fee, which gets waived if you're a Medallion member), but renewed with 30,000 miles (which got me 14 months of membership).

I have found that they *never* check your ticket to see if you've flown or will fly within 24 hours, so you can go and wait for someone to arrive if you want, or I've even dropped people off there who had a flight and then left with no problem at all.

The alcoholic beverages are fee, and that's how I justify the cost *grin*. I just make sure to drink enough every year. New Orleans has great Margaritas by the way ...
Old Jul 6, 1998, 4:10 pm
Original Member

That really is quite a deal if you think about the FREE alcohol. I wish United had gotten that in their thick skull, but of course I have access to all the alliance partners who have free alcohol. Too bad they won't merge RCC with DCC in the US.

Phil
Old Jul 9, 1998, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Have you all seen the new Crown Room membership cards. Gold background with white printing. I almost confused mine with my VISA card the other day. Interestingly, they sent me one although I have 15 months to go on my membership - was someone cloning the old white cards, I wonder? The Crown Room luggage tags (which they also sent me) follow the same nifty pattern. Again, interestingly, they have printed on them "Not valid for Crown Room Club Entry."
Old Jul 10, 1998, 6:58 am

I just got my new Crown Room Club credentials today also. I have ten months left in my membership, so I guess they're replacing everyone's old cards with the new cards.

If I had to guess, it might have something to do with the whole UA/DL thing, and the UA Red Carpet Clubs may only let you in with the new membership cards.

As for having "not valid for Crown Room Club Entry" printed on the luggage tags, this had always been their policy for as long as I have been a member (which admittedly is only 19 months or so), but they just wanted to make that perfectly clear now.

More important about the new luggage tags is that they took the name of the owner off of them, which is probably a good security measure. Having your SkyMiles number on there is all you really need.

BTW, I was in Atlanta this weekend, in the A17 Crown Room Club, and they have a couple of computers in there now that have replaced the silly interactive kiosk. There nice HP's with LCD flat screen monitors, and apparently they have MS Office and Internet Access, though I sure wasn't able to use them because they just put them at a couple of the regular desks, and about 80% of the time the desks were occupied by people doing something other than using the computers. They should put those computers at seperate desks without phones and power hookups so people don't sit at them and do other stuff, but that's just my opinion ...
Old Jul 12, 1998, 5:52 pm
Original Member

I am a Premier 1k and a RCC with United, and we have been told that United WILL NOT BE granting Delta customers access to RCCs. This may change in the next coming months, but on the 3 or 4 times I have asked United about this in the last month the answer has always been the same. I think they figure they have enough lounge rooms. Over 250 with the Star Alliance.
Old Jul 13, 1998, 7:12 am

It has been mentioned in several sources that Delta and United will be offering reciprocal lounge privileges, so members of United's RCC will be able to Delta's CRC and vice versa. I tried to find a press release from either company stating as much, but I can't seem to find one ...
Old Jul 15, 1998, 9:30 am
nancy

this reply goes to all the club members so which club is the best 10 clubs you visit and what did you think of them

Old Jul 15, 1998, 12:12 pm

I don't think I've even been to more than ten clubs ...

Well, maybe if I count the ones it Atlanta and DFW seperately ...

A17 in Atlanta is probably my favorite. The T-gates CRC is also very nice and spacious, and never very crowded when I'm there.

The main Cincinatti club (B Concourse I think??) is really nice, and I think probably the biggest one of them all ...

The one in my hometown of New Orleans is really nice now that Delta is in their new terminal, and I love the margaritas.

Bad ones ... In Atlanta one of the rooms in the B-Concourse is small and cramped, and probably the worst one I've been to is Jacksonville, Florida, which was way too small.
Old Jul 16, 1998, 11:30 am
Original Member

There seem to be some mixed messages
about whether or not United will offer
CRC members access to RCCs. Anyone have
a definitive word on this? If reciprocal
access will be granted, do you think that Delta will eliminate the free alcohol to align CRC's policies with the pay-by-the-drink RCC? You'll notice in
the new mailing that there is no mention
of complimentary beverages. I know that
this is a little cynical but you never know...
Old Jul 18, 1998, 9:42 am
Original Member

This week I emailed UA with the question on recriprocal use of the RCC for CRC members. THere was no definite answer. It is probable, but there is no definite date set.
Old Jul 20, 1998, 9:19 am
nancy

to all crown room members has anybody visit the crown room at jfk or ewr if you did what is the club like and do they have internet work station

Old Jul 28, 1998, 8:50 am
Original Member

Delta announced yesterday it will increase the cost of general membership to their Crown Room clubs from $300 to $350 per year starting September 1st. At that time they will eliminate the $100 joining fee.
Delta also announced plans to begin charging guest for alcoholic beverages, except in their First and Business class lounges.
Old Jul 28, 1998, 9:06 am

September 1 also happens to be the same day they start their Alliance with UA. Coincidence? I think not ...\

The new higher membership costs are already shown on the CRC homepage and the application that you can print from there.

Actually, they've gone to a complicated tiered pricing scheme based on SkyMiles membership level according to the CRC homepage. The membership costs according to the homepage are:

SkyMiles General Member
Annual $350
Annual with spouse $600
Annual 50,000 Miles
Annual with spouse 65,000 Miles

SkyMiles Silver Medallion™ Member
Annual $275
Annual with spouse $450
Annual 40,000 Miles
Annual with spouse 55,000 Miles

SkyMiles Gold Medallion™ Member
Annual $225
Annual with spouse $375
Annual 30,000 Miles
Annual with spouse 40,000 Miles

Note that the old membership cost was only $200/year, not $300. You only had to pay $300 if you had to pay the initiation fee (which was waived for Medallion members).

The fee for Golds has only gone up $25/year, and has not gone up at all if you pay with miles.

Being a CRC member and Medallion Gold I like this move. The CRC's were getting too crowded, and this should help cut down on that a little, especially since you won't be able to bring in a bunch of friends and drink for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.