Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Silver Medallion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 1998, 5:58 pm
Original Member

Well, I guess we have a holy war between traditional FFs versus WE GET MILES ANYWHERE WE CAN... I would have to say I agree with the old view. I think the promotions make it too easy for non-FFs to get FF perks. The ones who suffer the most and pay the most should get the benefits. Excuse me for saying this, but not the person who only flies 5 times a year, but refinanced their morgage and a got a zillion miles.

Phil
Old Jul 13, 1998, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
First off, those other things don't do a thing for elite status. The only way to get that is to fly real miles. No amount of car rentals, hotel stays, credit card charges and flower deliveries will get you a mile closer to Medallion, or its equivalent on other airlines.

Second, about Boston being one of the markets for this promo: I'm in Boston and just switched to AA, in part over the L fare upgrade cutback and in part because Delta has lousy service from here. I can't get ANYWHERE on the west coast non-stop. Even if I'm willing to change at CVG or SLC, they're much more expensive than AA. Ditto for London via ATL. I suspect Delta is targeting that promo at places where they really need help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.