Search

DL cabins

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 1998, 9:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
DL cabins

I was just wondering if anyone else have noticed the fact that over the past year or so, most DL cabins have been dirty and/or in poor condition, i.e., wall carpeting coming off the walls, rust stains, mildew, and wallpaper peeling off in the lavatories, cracked or chipped walls, etc. If no one else have noticed that, I guess I just have extremely bad luck getting equipment in poorly maintained conditions. I've been on CO's DC-9s. They are clean and well maintained.
Old May 16, 1998, 10:21 pm
DBF
Original Member

I, too have noted that there has been a decline in the condition of the cabins. I particularly have noted that the leather seats are worn and/or cracked in 1st class and often are not clean.
Old May 16, 1998, 11:40 pm
Original Member

I agree DL cabins are old and dirty. Couldn't believe the condition of the wall paper and ceiling on my last flight. All around filthy. Makes you wonder how the mechanical end is if they care so little about the cabins.
Old Jul 6, 1998, 12:10 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Some cabins do seem to be surprisingly dirty and dated. The worst example I've seen is a 727 I flew recently that appeared to have a 20 year old cabin or so. It was quite ugly and dirty.

In a recent issue of Sky magazine however, the new Chairman addressed this issue, and all Delta airplanes should be getting new cabins in the next 18 months, so hopefully things will get better ...
Old Jul 6, 1998, 4:07 pm
Original Member

Considering the age of 727-200s in Delta's fleet are you surprised? The planes are flying cash cows since they have long been paid off. I gave up on Delta after their cutbacks. Employees just don't seem to care anymore -- the Delta Crown Club Rooms are the only redeeming feature of the airline in my opinion. I guess this won't make me popular with the Diehard Delta Fans, but it is how I feel.
Old Jul 7, 1998, 8:45 am
Original Member

I think the DDF's are realistic about the condition of Delta's cabins. Anyone that has been on one of the older planes would
have to be blind not to see the deterioration.
Old Jul 7, 1998, 9:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
The reason Delta's airplanes are unclean is Delta does not pay as much to deep cleaning and maintenance interiors of their aircraft as they use to. Normally, aircraft are vacuumed at least once a day, and the carpets are shampooed once a week. Every three months that aircraft should go into a week long maintenance check where the interior is fixed. I agree that this is not happening at least on their old aircraft used for domestic service.
Old Jul 7, 1998, 11:52 pm
Original Member

What surprised me was that on a recent trip to France AF's Concord was somewhat messy. I have long expected and received immaculate surroundings on the Concord. Anyway, do you think Delta will offer a Concord award if they don't already? I don't know I gave up on Delta last year or two years ago...
Old Jul 8, 1998, 1:25 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Delta already offers a Concorde award on Air France. Its 200,000 miles for roundtrip travel between the U.S. and Paris. Unfortunately, you can't fly beyond Paris on the award.
Old Jul 8, 1998, 10:57 pm
Original Member

Well, that is good to know. Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.