Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing Delta FF

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 1998, 10:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Purchasing Delta FF

Would someone give me basic advice/info on the procedure, cost, etc. of purchasing add'l
skymiles for delta to be used in conjunction with my personal miles

Old May 22, 1998, 10:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Purchasing Delta FF

Would someone give me basic advice/info on the procedure, cost, etc. of purchasing add'l
skymiles for delta to be used in conjunction with my personal miles

Old May 22, 1998, 11:50 am
pgupta011

If you are interested, I can send you
an application for a Diners Club card. If approved you can get 10,000 miles by paying the $80 annual fee. The miles can be transferred in 1000 mile increment to most US airlines including Delta.

Old May 22, 1998, 11:58 am
Original Member

I thought only corporations could purchase skymiles and are limited to giving only 5000
per person.
Old May 22, 1998, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Anybody can buy them, but they're intended (and priced) mostly for corporations. The minumum purchase is 150,000 miles for $3,000. (From time to time they run a promo where you get 175,000 for the same price.) There's a limit of giving a max of 25,000 to one person in one year. So, if you wanted to make up the 3,000 miles you're short for an award, Delta isn't one of the airlines that lets you do that.

Besides the Diners Club suggestion posted earlier, you can get a few Kmiles by signing up for MCI long-distance service. How many depends on what you sign up for and which offer you reply to. Some of them give you so much to start and then so much a month for a few months, so you have to stay with MCI for a while.

You can also get 5,000 miles by getting a Delta Optima card, 10,000 for Gold. The plain one is free if you have an AmEx card (perhaps just AmEx Gold/Plat; I forget) so there's no reason not to. The Gold Optimna costs $20 a year if you have AmEx, so it's worth it for the extra 5,000 miles (worth about $75-100).
Old May 27, 1998, 4:11 pm
Original Member

If your a member of Hilton you can transfer miles into Hilton or Hilton into Delta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.