Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jfk-gig

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Jfk-gig

Since Delta did not recieve the rights for JFK-GIG what will they do with the 2 767-300ER's which would have been dedicated to the route? Maye steal a 777 from another route and do JNB OR SYD?
Old Oct 8, 2005, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Both routes would require ( beside getting the traffic rights , ask SQ on OZ-USA ) a 772ER or A 345 ( SA is doing the JNB-ATL route with a 345 )

Sticker price of those birdies is close to $ 200 million, the Airbus is cheaper, but more costly to operate.What is better for an airline may come down to accounting and the market conditions how to get a loan / or leasing conditions.

If you fly a subfleet of a handful of aircrafts it is already not profitable anymore in most cases...
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by firstmob
Since Delta did not recieve the rights for JFK-GIG what will they do with the 2 767-300ER's which would have been dedicated to the route? Maye steal a 777 from another route and do JNB OR SYD?
DL was denied JFK-EZE (not GIG). The route was given to CO so that they can fly IAH-EZE. As for the planes, I'd imagine they will be used to support European expansion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.