Wiki Posts
Search

Atl - Mco $273+ ??!!??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2005, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM
Atl - Mco $273+ ??!!??

I want to do a round trip from Atlanta to Orlando. I priced out a few dates on delta.com, but the prices were over $300 for trips two weeks out. So I went to travelocity and told it to pull up fares based on flexible dates. Delta wasn't even on the front page of results! There lowest fare for the remainder of the year came in at $273 with more than half a dozen airlines charging more thasn $100 less. With the level of service on Delta these days, do they really think they can charge a 50%+ premium? No way. All I can figure is that they do not have the capacity to handle their Orlando bound traffic so they are just charging what the market will bear for their limited capacity. That's a reasonable business move, but it means that this million miler is going to find another airline. Buh Bye Delta. I hope that highest price lowest service offering works out for you.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
I have also noticed recently that DL are no longer the lowest price airline in many cases when I book travel out of Orlando. As their product is pretty poor these days, they no longer get my business all the time.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Of those "half a dozen" airlines that charge less, only DL and FL offer a non-stop ATL/MCO, so a comparison should be taken with a grain of salt.

If FL is offering a lower price and all you care about is price, then by all means fly them. It makes others on DL have a better chance for an upgrade
Old Aug 26, 2005, 4:31 pm

I fly MCO-DCA via ATL weekly usually for less than $273. I guess you can fly FL for $140 or so if you want. There are 14 flights a day MCO ATL. Although the load does very seasonally, these flights are usually very full.

Marc
Old Aug 26, 2005, 4:46 pm
Suspended

The lowest published fare on a scheduled airline is $139 on UA. If they expect you to connect via IAD or ORD on an RJ and Ted, the fare should probably be even lower.

DL obviously has enough connecting traffic or passengers willing to pay $100 more to fly them non-stop. I can't imagine any airline operates profitably at $273 anyways.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:37 pm

This is true out of jax to ATL as well. USed to be about 129. Now about 300 for tickets in early Nov. Airtran is about 100 dollars lower
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AirTran Elite, Hertz PC
It seems like DL is no longer matching Airtrans frequent sale fares to Orlando. It used to be that I could wait a few hours after Airtran announced a sale and then purchase a ticket on DL for the same price. Last week Airtran had a one day ATL sale with roundtrips to MCO for $137. I waited and waited but DL's price stayed at $277 so I bought from Airtran. I guess DL is taking a stand.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by slowingdog
It seems like DL is no longer matching Airtrans frequent sale fares to Orlando.
On the other hand, Delta was the only major that matched Southwest's recent sale. DTW-MCO was $148 in late October; now the price is almost double for the same times. The irony is that NWA dominates DTW, yet Delta matched the sale fare.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Family flyer
On the other hand, Delta was the only major that matched Southwest's recent sale. DTW-MCO was $148 in late October; now the price is almost double for the same times. The irony is that NWA dominates DTW, yet Delta matched the sale fare.
You can still book DTW-MCO on Spirit in late October for $79 each way.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Checked DL R/Trip from MCO to DAY at the end of September and it was about $120.00 more than Airtran. Both were non-stop so I guess Airtran will get my business. Seems DL just do not want to compete anymore as they are cash poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.