Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades in BE to Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2005, 6:37 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Most of the I fares require 50 days advance purchase and a max 30 day stay but I did find a JFK-TXL one which has no advance purchase. The only significant conditions seemed to be a 45 day maximum stay and and they had to be used on the nonstops.
I finally found some I fares on the website, but the ones I found all had a max stay of 30 days, which doesn't work for me. I'm glad to hear you found at least one with a 45 day max. Thanks for posting; I'll keep looking.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:42 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 1:03 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:41 am

I Fares

Originally Posted by Tennisbum
Thanks for the quick replies, vinnmann and ecaarch.

I was thinking that I fares might show up on the website, but calling well in advance is no problem: I have to do that anyway for the mileage upgrades.

I'll check on the restrictions for the I fares; since we generally stay for 5 or 6 weeks, we may not be eligible.
I actuall sell you these fares. They are a great deal and are sometimes less or at least pretty comparable with an M fare. They are highly restrictive. They require 50 day advance booking, and changes have a hefty $300.00 penalty AND possibly the difference to full Business Elite fare if you want to stay up front. They're a great deal, but make sure your plans are firm. Inquire about them on the phone. They're not exclusive to Medallion members, but many agents don't even know about them, so be sure to compare if you're contemplating on buying an upgradeable fare and you're booking in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:57 am

TXTBIRD13, thanks. Since reading this thread I've gone back to the website and managed to pull up some I fares- although none allowing more than 30 day stays. I agree that there can be some good bargains. I usually buy tickets 60-90 days in advance anyway, so that's no problem. I just need for Delta to change the rules for I fares to include 45 day stays. Maybe they could call them IX fares.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I'd like to say thanks to TXTBIRD13 for being an example of a positive (unofficial?) presence of staff that assist in providing accurate information to FT members. In light of the recent experience currently being discussed in another well posted thread in this forum, it is good to be reminded that there are also productive results from staff reading FT and responding professionally. ^
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch
I'd like to say thanks to TXTBIRD13 for being an example of a positive (unofficial?) presence of staff that assist in providing accurate information to FT members. In light of the recent experience currently being discussed in another well posted thread in this forum, it is good to be reminded that there are also productive results from staff reading FT and responding professionally. ^
^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.