Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Charges Cents. Delta Pays Cents. This Makes No Sense...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Charges Cents. Delta Pays Cents. This Makes No Sense...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Yeah, the Turkish Lira just had 6 zeros lopped off. It was devalued so that 1,000,000 is now 1.

And speaking of Turkish Lira, it was there that I learned the limitations of Amex's accounting software.

Apparently AMEX can't process billions.
I had a hotel bill once that was about $1100 or 1.8 Billion TL.
When they processed it, they split it into 3 separate 600 Mil. charges.

Which means, of course, that they CAN process up to 999,999,999 of whatever currency.....

(Any Centurion Card holders ever try that in the US? )
Old Feb 1, 2005, 2:16 pm

Talking

Delta refunded $.01 cent to my AMEX card last year. That was the fare difference when they changed my routing. That's right, only one penny! I noticed it when I reviewed my statement. I didn't even know I had it coming. I had to hide the statement from my wife, as I didn't want her to be aware of ths sudden windfall.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by rlaakso
Delta refunded $.01 cent to my AMEX card last year. That was the fare difference when they changed my routing. That's right, only one penny! I noticed it when I reviewed my statement. I didn't even know I had it coming. I had to hide the statement from my wife, as I didn't want her to be aware of ths sudden windfall.
So how is your new-found retirement working out for you?

If you have also decided to hide this sudden windfall from the Infernal Revenue Service, rlaakso, I sincerely hope you are not convicted for tax evasion...
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:43 pm
Original Member

A little off topic, but back in 1984, I once got a bill from Sears for $0.00

Now to spoil the what could have been a good story--- NO, I did not send them a check for 0. I called them and had my payment history labeled as current. Thinking back, I should have sent them the check, and then framed it on the wall when I got it back in my monthly statement.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Charged $0.04

Yes, you read that right. Delta.com just charged me four cents to change a flight. Wonder how much it cost them to process the four cent charge.

However, this actually was an improvement. Prior to now I have not been able to change flights booked on my company negoiated discount rate.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 1, 2005 at 11:58 pm Reason: This milepost (and the following ten mileposts) have been merged into this thread unedited. It was the cents-ible thing to do...
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Looks like delta.com is infected with that nasty SGB virus.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
You gotta love SGB!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I got a 49 cent credit the other day, so my change fee was only $49.51. I went from a Q down to an L fare. I would have loved to have only a 49 cent fare diffence between L and Q years ago when L was not upgradable, but noooooooo, back then the difference was hundreds of dollars.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
you'd think they'd have some kind of automatic waiver in place for charges under a buck or two. It must cost them far more than the $0.04 just to process that charge.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
you'd think they'd have some kind of automatic waiver in place for charges under a buck or two. It must cost them far more than the $0.04 just to process that charge.

I'll bet, all said and done, that it cost DL in excess of 100.00 to process that charge.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
LOL! About a year ago I was charged $.02 to my AMEX to change my flights -- the fare class (D) stayed the same but the DL agent said they "had to" collect the difference, regardless of the actual amount.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:56 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 1:26 pm
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:22 pm

If you used your Amex Skymiles card, you got 0.08 Skymiles for it.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mikey1003
I'll bet, all said and done, that it cost DL in excess of 100.00 to process that charge.
How do you figure?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Years ago, I was due one cent for a refund as well. The credit card I used had been exchanged for another and so a check had to be written. For some reason, I decided to cash it. The bank teller leaned forward and said, "How would you like it, heads or tails?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.