Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Fling NY to SEA for a one nighter next week - Any creative ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fling NY to SEA for a one nighter next week - Any creative ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Flying NY to SEA for a one nighter next week - Any creative ideas?

I have to fly NY to SEA for a one-nighter next Tues. I need to get into SEA around noonish and can fly out early AM on Wed. or even late redeye Tues. Naturally, I would prefer to a) fly non-stop and b) fly up front. Song is the redeye to NY so that's not an option I relish. Best fare I can get is around $460 on a non-stop JFK-SEA and SEA-JFK the next morning in HKQ. I would take it but am concerned about actually getting the upgrade (any comments on this).

I have been trying other fare options YB or A but the price jumps big-time. Anyone out there have a good idea or should I just book the direct flight in discounted coach and hope for the best.

Last edited by avflyer; Jul 14, 2005 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
One night stand.... fling... I thought this thread was about something else completely!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by RobertS975
One night stand.... fling... I thought this thread was about something else completely!
Sorry about that. I assure you it was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by avflyer
I have to fly NY to SEA for a one-nighter next Tues. I need to get into SEA around noonish and can fly out early AM on Wed. or even late redeye Tues. Naturally, I would prefer to a) fly non-stop and b) fly up front. Song is the redeye to NY so that's not an option I relish. Best fare I can get is around $460 on a non-stop JFK-SEA and SEA-JFK the next morning in HKQ. I would take it but am concerned about actually getting the upgrade (any comments on this).

I have been trying other fare options YB or A but the price jumps big-time. Anyone out there have a good idea or should I just book the direct flight in discounted coach and hope for the best.
If you took song it appears you can get that 10,000 mile promo on song (see other thread for details)
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Same thought I had here. I had to look twice to see that Dovster did not start this thread.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by avflyer
Sorry about that. I assure you it was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.
Is that the story you are sticking with?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Talking to the CRC people in SEA (they were fascinated that I was using a full F ticket for leisure travel!), they said that F rarely goes out full on the SEA-JFK flight.

I was on this flight 7/5...8 F seats open on a 757.

I doubt you'll have a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.