Wiki Posts
Search

is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Raddison Gold Points
is it worth it

I'm going to finish off the year with 69910 miles should I take a west cost trip to make plat? Im flying out of gso or rdu.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rbain
I'm going to finish off the year with 69910 miles should I take a west cost trip to make plat? Im flying out of gso or rdu.
Are free CRC access and better upgrade chances worth it to you? If so, go for it.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I would. It really makes the difference.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:39 am
J-M
Suspended

I would... in fact I'm planning to do something similar to make Gold this year.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:56 am

I say go for PM!
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:07 am

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
If you have the time, energy and what not. Just go for it. I would.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:00 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Yes it's worth it.. I asked this same question last year when I was at 95k, and I went from 80% upgrades as GM to 100% so far this year as PM. Can't complain about that..
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Don't forget the PMUs, For me Based in Ireland, these transatlantic upgrades are the biz
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta DM
For me I am making sure I hit atleast PMlite but looks like it will be PM with over 120K miles this year thanks to creative routings out of SLC to the east coast.

For Example this trip - SLC-JFK got me 5600 miles routing thru ORD/ATL/CVG not the normal 2970 miles. Those miles might come in handy, just too bad that my flright from ATL to JFK sunday night was 2 1/2 hrs delayed becuase the crew timed out and the new crew was 2 hrs out????
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
I regretted not going for GM a couple of years ago when I started frequent flying with DL. I made PM for the first time last year.

I say "go for it!!" You will not regret it, and the added bennnies of free CRC access and earlier upgrade window make it worth it-if it can be accomplished w/o significant additional cost.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:02 am

Just curious, how can anybody know exactly how many miles they will have for the entire year with nearly 6 months to go? What with unexpected trips or reroutes etc it seems to me that there's a lot of room for fluctuations plus or minus (unless you've already flown pretty much all of the 69910, and have very little planned for the remainder of the year).

But to answer your question, if you plan to fly as much in 2006 as you have in 2005, PM (and thus CRC) is definitely worth an extra trip.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:13 am

I can get you the 5,000 (up to 7,900 actually) MQMs out of RDU for under $200. PM me if you want details.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Raddison Gold Points
Thank you mtparadis I will not disclose your trip details, but from RDU it is a great deal
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:52 pm

Thank you mtparadis I will not disclose your trip details, but from RDU it is a great deal
Thank you.

Any RDU-based DL flyers, feel free to PM me if you're in need of a good, almost always available run out of Raleigh. I'm happy to share, just don't want Delta to read this and realize the idiocy of their routing rules.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mtparadis
Thank you.

Any RDU-based DL flyers, feel free to PM me if you're in need of a good, almost always available run out of Raleigh. I'm happy to share, just don't want Delta to read this and realize the idiocy of their routing rules.
This is exactly NOT what FlyerTalk is all about. FlyerTalk is about sharing data. If you don't think Delta can figure it out you are wrong and even if they couldn't all they have to do is PM you for the data.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.