Wiki Posts
Search

A question and a few observations.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
A question and a few observations.

My empower adapter never works on a 763 (ok, it's a 0 for 2; kind of a poor statistics). Never had problems on a 738, for instance. Anybody experiencing the same problem ?

They have crystals and china on BE to/from Europe. I had read somewhere it was supposed to be plastics, these days.

Special meals: tried Kosher outbound and that was essentially the same as the standard meal (fine differences are lost on me, of course), with lots of wrapping added. I had read that it was supposed to be somewhat half-way between Y and J, instead. I did get the "Jewish upgrade", though (read ahead).
On the way back it was fruit plate, which I enjoyed. I think it's a good choice, provided you bring your own sandwich or something.

Has anybody noticed the subtle difference between the new headsets and the old ones ? New ones are "naturally" two-pronged and come with an adapter to the standard stereo jack. It was the other way around with the old ones. The result is that I had forgot the adapter for my noise cancelling headphones and was stuck with the DL provided ones. I wonder what caused the change, as I suppose it would be cheaper to manifacture standard headphones+adapters rather than non-standard headphones and nonstandard adapters.

Still don't know how the DL revenue machine works. On SFO-CVG there was just one available seat in F and I expected DL to keep it that way till the gate lottery, just in case. I got upgraded a whopping 24 hours in advance, instead. Y was not full.
Also, I think they finally caught up with the bug giving class of service bonus MQM for upgraded flights
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by thesaints

Special meals: tried Kosher outbound and that was essentially the same as the standard meal (fine differences are lost on me, of course),
The "fine difference" is you are never going to get meat and dairy in the same meal!!! So don't count on real butter and a roast beef sandwich coming together. Also you aren't going to get ham or seafood ever!

It depends on what the standard meal is how close it will come!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lehava
The "fine difference" is you are never going to get meat and dairy in the same meal!!! So don't count on real butter and a roast beef sandwich coming together. Also you aren't going to get ham or seafood ever!

It depends on what the standard meal is how close it will come!
Of course, it was different! What I meant is that, to the undiscriminating person, it had the same "look and feel" as a standard meal.
In this particular case, I think, it was lamb instead of chicken, the salad was somewhat different, and a special spread (though, standard meal had no real butter as well). For breakfast there was an interesting spread, which tasted a little like beaten egg yolk with sugar. any clue of what that could have been ?

Last edited by thesaints; Jul 11, 2005 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Of course, it was different! What I meant is that, to the undiscriminating person, it had the same "look and feel" as a standard meal.
In this particular case, I think, it was lamb instead of chicken, the salad was somewhat different, and a special spread (though, standard meal had no real butter as well). For breakfast there was an interesting spread, which tasted a little like beaten egg yolk with sugar. any clue of what that could have been ?
It probably was egg yolk, as egg is considered "parve" - neither meat or milk - (which, OT, always confused me as it grows up to be meat *smile) so it can be combined with either and is there for more flexible to serve.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:35 pm

Has anybody noticed the subtle difference between the new headsets and the old ones ? New ones are "naturally" two-pronged and come with an adapter to the standard stereo jack. It was the other way around with the old ones. The result is that I had forgot the adapter for my noise cancelling headphones and was stuck with the DL provided ones. I wonder what caused the change, as I suppose it would be cheaper to manifacture standard headphones+adapters rather than non-standard headphones and nonstandard adapters.
You noticed that too. I've been collecting the headsets on each of my trips to give to my kids for their electronics (LeapPad, Leapster, etc.) and was disappointed to find that they switched to this new nonstandard format on my last trip.

I had the exact same thoughts regarding cost. Though it's probably not too different given the quantities they have to purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.