Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can I check bags from FLL (on Song) though JFK on United?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I check bags from FLL (on Song) though JFK on United?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Question Can I check bags from FLL (on Song) though JFK on United?

If I purchase a FLL-JFK ticket on Song, will I be able to check my bags all the way through to a connecting united flight JFK-LHR?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:19 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by matthewuk
If I purchase a FLL-JFK ticket on Song, will I be able to check my bags all the way through to a connecting united flight JFK-LHR?
I read on the continental forum that it is possible, but may take "sweet, kid gloved persistance"

i have never tried it myself

Chris
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Would you really want to?

Just my thoughts based upon some experiences. DL/Song and UA do not seem to have a warm relationship and JFK uses alot of contract workers.

I actually saw this in JFK at the DL gates commited by a UA "representative": I boarded a DL flight earlier this year and noticed a cart sitting off to the side with a dozen or so checked bags. Saw it sitting there "looking lost" for about twenty minutes and said "oh thats why..." when a UA marked pickup truck drove up. A contract worker (no UA uniform) gets out and starts rummaging through the bags. He finds a couple that I guess he was looking for. To my surprise he pulls them out, lifts them up a foot or so and throws them onto the tarmac at an angle so that their rollers impact first. The truck was close enough that he could have just transfered the bags with less effort. He repeats this process for about five more bags, then walks away from the cart with the bags still sitting strewn around his truck and the cart. My flight left fifteen later, never saw him return. Nobody came for the pickup truck nor any of these bags.

Last edited by traveling_again; Oct 8, 2004 at 11:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.