Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Too Good to be true 25,000 for $150? (This Offer Is No Longer Valid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too Good to be true 25,000 for $150? (This Offer Is No Longer Valid)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2004, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Question Too Good to be true 25,000 for $150? (This Offer Is No Longer Valid)

On an email I got today ---I am suspicious.

Become an InterContinental® Ambassador and receive 25,000 bonus miles
Medallion members receive 25,000 miles when purchasing InterContinental Ambassador status and will enjoy special privileges at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts such as Elite membership in Priority Club Rewards®, a complimentary weekend night certificate, guaranteed room upgrades, late check-out, VIP check-in area, fresh fruit and mineral water in your room, 500 miles per qualifying stay, and much more! All of these privileges for a $150 membership fee. To take advantage of this offer, click GO. Offer expires 08/31/04.

Promotion void where prohibited by law. Not available to groups or with any other promotional offer. Offer through October 31, 2004. Other restrictions may apply. Participation in SkyMiles is subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Program. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. ©2004 InterContinental Hotels Group. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and/or operated. You must be a Priority Club Rewards member to purchase InterContinental Ambassador status and [B]have selected Delta Air Lines as your preferred earning alliance to earn SkyMiles.[/B]

????
Sign me up baby!
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Anymore info on this? Is there a link or phone number to call?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

http://e.delta.com/AC/Clickthru?q=58...Eb9G_NMNcmp9RR
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Targeted

As noted in elsie's post, this is apparently targeted for Medallion members. The first line from the email:

Hello DLfan,

Take advantage of exclusive Medallion® bonus offers from Delta SkyMiles® partners.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:44 pm

Thanks

This is the easiest 25k I ever earned for 5 minutes and $150. At six-tenths of a cent per mile, it's a pretty good deal.

We'll have to see if it truly was targeted; I'm no longer Medallion so I hope that is not a requirement. I clicked the link provided, signed up for Priority Club and the offer came up with my name on the Priority Club header, inviting me to join Ambassador status and get the 25K miles. There was no mention of Medallion status required. I feel comfortable I can contest the charge if they do not want to give me the miles.

Last edited by flytoeat; Jul 29, 2004 at 3:49 pm Reason: additional comment
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:56 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
Originally Posted by DLfan
As noted in elsie's post, this is apparently targeted for Medallion members. The first line from the email:
where does it say anything about being a medallion member. The only condition I see is that you must be a priority club member?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:27 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
I tried to register and got this message:

Alliance number is already in use. Please check the frequent flyer number.

Having no idea what they are talking about as I have never been a member of this club and have my correct DL number entered, I am sort of stuck. Was all gong-ho to purchase 166 miles/$!!
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:38 pm

Thumbs up THANKS TO elsie

Originally Posted by flytoeat
This is the easiest 25k I ever earned for 5 minutes and $150. At six-tenths of a cent per mile, it's a pretty good deal.

We'll have to see if it truly was targeted; I'm no longer Medallion so I hope that is not a requirement. I clicked the link provided, signed up for Priority Club and the offer came up with my name on the Priority Club header, inviting me to join Ambassador status and get the 25K miles. There was no mention of Medallion status required. I feel comfortable I can contest the charge if they do not want to give me the miles.
I think you are correct .. no Medallion needed. But read the fine print. I think you have to change the Priority Club Earnings Preference to DELTA, if you have not done so before.

Terms and Conditions:
Promotion void where prohibited by law. Not available to groups or with any other promotional offer. Offer through October 31, 2004. Other restrictions may apply. Participation in SkyMiles is subject to the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles Program. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. ©2004 InterContinental Hotels Group. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and/or operated. You must be a Priority Club Rewards member to purchase InterContinental Ambassador status and have selected Delta Air Lines as your preferred earning alliance to earn SkyMiles.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I tried to register and got this message:

Alliance number is already in use. Please check the frequent flyer number.

Having no idea what they are talking about as I have never been a member of this club and have my correct DL number entered, I am sort of stuck. Was all gong-ho to purchase 166 miles/$!!
I had no problems. I signed in at "Priority Club" when/before I purchased the "InterContinental® Ambassador status".
May be that helps @:-)
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:21 pm

Thank you for the information. I just signed up. Hopefully the 25,000 points will be deposited post haste.

not like the struggle for 1-800-flowers points.

Rita
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:43 pm

Just signed up, hope everything will work out OK. I may even use my new status next weekend
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:44 pm

I'm signing myself and my g/f up, I figure worst case if the miles don't come thru I'll ask for a refund.

Jeff
Old Jul 29, 2004, 5:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, elsie.

I went through the sign-up process successfully, but my Priority Club account (which I have had for many years) shows no change, my credit card shows no charge, and I received no confirmation via e-mail. I chose Delta Air Lines for my earnings preference.

How long does it take before I can see that I have indeed upgraded to InterContinental Ambassador status?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I haven't finished it yet but I did change my preference to Delta miles, previously I just took the points as I didn't need the miles. The next question is how long to have to leave it that way. I suppose until the miles post.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:03 pm

How long does it take for the status to go through? I paid (I think) about 10 mins ago and CC has not been charged and no status in account. Am I jumping the gun, or did my ambassador app not go through? Also, no confirmation email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.