Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Discovering and Isolating "I" (Discount BE) Fares Online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2003, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

Ok smart flytalkers..

I'm interested in isolating and discovering which international cities have the deeply discounted Biz-E "I" fares - planning on my autumn vacation..

Is there any recommended search engine which will easily find these? Needless to say DL.com sucks. Travelocity is useful in finding the fare in general, but not to all the cities which it applies..

For those of you interested (and still flying DL), Biz-E fares, purchased before the end of may (valid through year's end) to Europe are around $1800.00 roundtrip to places like Zurich, Madrid and Rome..

ANyone got any secrets on how best to scan the entire "buffet" of "I" fares??

Cheers..
Old May 7, 2003, 8:30 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
You can use the galileo site to see if chosen city pairs on a chosen day have I seats. But you still need to do it one day and one city at a time.
Old May 8, 2003, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vulcan:
You can use the galileo site to see if chosen city pairs on a chosen day have I seats. But you still need to do it one day and one city at a time.</font>
I don't know Galileo and can't seem to find the site, please give the URL.
Old May 8, 2003, 2:44 pm

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/...ravel/galileo/
Old May 8, 2003, 6:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Even if I is listed as available on Galileo, I'm not sure DL sells that fare at all times. It may be available on a particular flight (to allow someone who has a current I ticket to switch - for a fee) - but are Is always available?

I looked this up on Galileo

MON 01SEP03 NEW YORK /PARIS *DL
1 JFK CDG 1800#0735 DL 16 J7 D7 I7 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7#763*C
2 JFK CDG 1940#0910 DL 118 J7 D7 I3 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7#763*C
3 JFK CDG 1710#0600 @DL8601 C7 D7 I0 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q0 K7 L0#777*C
4 JFK CDG 1945#0850 @DL8267 C7 D7 I0 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q3 K7 L3#744*C
5 JFK CDG 2100#1000 @DL8261 C7 D7 I0 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7#777*C

I is available on the two DL operated flights (DL16 and DL118) - but could I call any purchase this right now (assuming I did a round trip)?

Also note that DL does not current sell any I tickets on flights operated by codeshare partners. Note all of the AF operated flights show "I0."

(Edited for format.)

[This message has been edited by NYBanker (edited 05-08-2003).]
Old May 9, 2003, 7:17 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NYBanker:
Also note that DL does not current sell any I tickets on flights operated by codeshare partners. </font>
Wrong, I am looking at I fares on the LY codeshares to TLV for this summer.

Are they refundable?
Old May 9, 2003, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
I can confirm that DL sells "I" fares on AF operated flights. I bought several over the last couple years for routes like CDG-BOS/JFK/PHL.
Old May 16, 2003, 11:23 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYBanker:
[B]Even if I is listed as available on Galileo, I'm not sure DL sells that fare at all times. It may be available on a particular flight (to allow someone who has a current I ticket to switch - for a fee) - but are Is always available?

I just checked Galileo - ATL-DUB for specific dates in July, found "I" fares, then called SMS for pricing. The agent said that no "I" fares are available during any of the dates that Galileo shows available ("I7" on most dates), only "J", which is full BizElite, of course, at $5,984. I'm very confused about the benefit of being able to identify fare codes that are supposedly "discounted" if they can't be booked by Delta. Is it possible they're reserved for travel agent bookings, or some other ticketing source, e.g., consolidator?
Old May 16, 2003, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Seat avaiability in I class does not necessarily mean that there is some I class fare. Published I class fares (=which you can buy directly with DL) are somewhat rare and only occured during the big BizElite "fire sales".

If you want an I fare, you're best off contacting a consolidator, they ususally do have unpublished specials which are booked in I class.
Old May 18, 2003, 6:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:
Seat avaiability in I class does not necessarily mean that there is some I class fare. Published I class fares (=which you can buy directly with DL) are somewhat rare and only occured during the big BizElite "fire sales".

If you want an I fare, you're best off contacting a consolidator, they ususally do have unpublished specials which are booked in I class.
</font>
This is what I feared to be the case. People have talked about getting them here not during the sales, but I can't point to a hard booking that I know of not during the sales.

I've been on I fares before, but only during those quick firesales. If you know you're going to use them, it's prob worth booking a few during the sales and paying the $150 (or is it $200 now?) tax for the change.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BER Flyer:

I can confirm that DL sells "I" fares on AF operated flights. I bought several over the last couple years for routes like CDG-BOS/JFK/PHL.
</font>

BER and AndyMo: I stand corrected. DL told me they don't offer I on AF metal - but perhaps that's just on JFK-CDG. They wouldn't book JFK-CDG for me in I during the sale last summer, and what I see on Galileo tells me the same thing.

I pulled up a couple of other routes, including BOS-CDG as suggested, and "I7" was avail on AF metal. Must be a market-based decision.

[This message has been edited by NYBanker (edited 05-18-2003).]
Old May 18, 2003, 11:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rcs85551:

</font>
could you suggest any consolidators for a fra(or lon or mxp)-bom trip in Aug?

Old May 19, 2003, 6:14 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
FT member Meilensammler specializes in premium cabin consolidator fares.

His web site with contact info:
http://www.vorne-sitzen.de
Old Aug 4, 2004, 4:56 pm

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
How to find I fares?

Hey folks, can someone tell me where to look for intl "I" fares on Delta?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

There are some ideas in this thread in response to your request, sonofapilotman, so I merged your milepost into this thread.

If anyone has any additional information, it can be added to this thread to keep all of the ways to find I fares in one place.

Good luck, sonofapilotman!

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Question

Originally Posted by rcs85551

Would you get the same mileage rules on unpublished fares as on published? Particularly MQMs. I kind of remember the word `published' having been on some frequent flyer rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.