Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL & the airport team up to improve passenger flow in ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL & the airport team up to improve passenger flow in ATL

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by atl runner
Maybe we should drop our drawers and start mooning the security folks as we pass through the metal detectors. Or, better yet, maybe they could train the screeners to do rectal exams and we could catch some developing prostrate cancers earlier, even if we didn't find any terrorists.
You REALLY want to attract the attention of TSA, don't you?
Be careful what you wish for - "Bottoms Up" no longer means Ice Wine on DL B/E metal..
Old May 18, 2004, 6:12 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by heckler
It's my understanding that a TSA agent controls the entrance to the GM/PM line - so unless you sneak in or duck under the roped off line, I can't see that many of the people in the GM/PM line aren't actually GMs and PMs..
Nope. Or if they do they don't care.
Old May 20, 2004, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by heckler
It's my understanding that a TSA agent controls the entrance to the GM/PM line - so unless you sneak in or duck under the roped off line, I can't see that many of the people in the GM/PM line aren't actually GMs and PMs..
In ATL the entrance to the line might be closely monitored but once you enter the screening corral area, people are free to pick any line they want. I think here is where some sort of barrier would be appreciated.

On a similar note, wasn't the notion of having a completely separate screening line and area expressly prohibited by the TSA because it doesn't allow for "equal opportunity" among fliers? I guess since everyone is paying the same amount to be "safe," they wouldn't allow airports to utilize TSA agents and equipment exclusively for elites. This happened many months back. Anyone remember more information?
Old May 20, 2004, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Really now folks. What are we doing TODAY that would make a repeat of 9/11 difficult? Think hard.

The ONLY changes that MIGHT prevent a repeat tradgedy are:
a) the reinforced cockpit doors and
b) the change in policy in reacting to hijackers.

NONE of the other wasteful measures is going to stop it. So, why do we continue to do it? All we are doing is running the economy further into the ground and letting the terrorists WIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.