Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Promotion 1K Miles (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:24 am
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Talking Bonus Promotion 1K Miles (targeted)

Earn 1,000 bonus miles on your next flight

Coupon was in my skymiles statement.

The next time you fly on DL you could earn an extra 1,000-mile bonus. It's simple; Just enroll in this promotion between Apr 1 and May 15, 2004 and you will automatically receive 1,000 bonus miles for the first qualifying flight you take between Apr 1 and June 30, 2004. To receive your bonus miles, enroll today at delta.com/mileageoffer and enter code 2109.

N.B. Eligibility says it is not valid unless your name appears on the mailing.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Not eligible. Big surprise!

Bruce
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

No, the big surprise is that I am not eligible!

Thank you for alerting us to this offer anyway, JRF...
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
A pretty laughable offer, but hey...a 1,000 miles is a thousand miles. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible.

Sounds like you still get the paper statement JRF. I signed up for the email statements long ago. Am I missing out on these "coupons" (or anything else) by not receiving my statement in the mail?
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:04 am

Programs: DL GM
Didn't work for me, but worked for my wife.

it is silly for th FT system to require me to post a message when the title covers the subject matter. If one of the moderators can raise this issue with FT, I would appreciate it. If there is a way to post just a title w/o any information in the material box, please advise. thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:06 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
No joy/Don't care

"We are sorry, the SkyMiles number you entered is not eligible for this offer."

I wonder if it would have worked on an award ticket anyway?
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:20 am

No go for me. Shocker.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I got the not eligible message when I tried online. Was there a phone number on the coupon to call and enter the code 2109?
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:46 am
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I got the not eligible message when I tried online. Was there a phone number on the coupon to call and enter the code 2109?
Yep, sorry I omitted it, 1 (800) 558-3358

Originally Posted by Parris/Jasper Dad
it is silly for th FT system to require me to post a message when the title covers the subject matter. If one of the moderators can raise this issue with FT, I would appreciate it. If there is a way to post just a title w/o any information in the material box, please advise. thanks.
You should be able to leave it blank.... I have left it blank a few times and have been able to post. I think it is just a sub-subject optional field....

Originally Posted by DLfan
A pretty laughable offer, but hey...a 1,000 miles is a thousand miles. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible.

Sounds like you still get the paper statement JRF. I signed up for the email statements long ago. Am I missing out on these "coupons" (or anything else) by not receiving my statement in the mail?
  1. hI recieved several coupons with the paper statement:
  2. 1000 Mile Bonus (I assume since I flew no paid segments on this statement but on the last statement I flew a few full F setments?...
  3. Amex 500 Bonus Miles first time use (add)
  4. Hertz 350 Bonus SkyMiles and save $20 a day
  5. Finance a home add, earn miles
  6. Alamo 20% off and double SkyMiles
  7. Amex Financial Add for miles
  8. Amex application with miles

None of them do me any good as I earn Hertz points instead of DL miles and I don't like Alamo.. blah blah blah blah
Old Apr 13, 2004, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I called the 800 number and entered the code 2109. At the end of the call the voice said that enrollment was subject to verification of eligibility, so I am unable to tell if this method of trying to enroll in the promotion worked or not.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:29 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I got the same offer in my paper statement and thus was able to sign up. Tried it with my mom's Skymiles account and it was a "no go". After seeing the fellow FT'ers who were unable to sign up despite being MM, I don't understand how Delta decided who would or would not be targeted. Quite confusing!
Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DLfan
Nope, I get email statements and the offer was in there for me, along with the other ones mentioned in the earlier post.
I am a PM (52k MQMs so far this year) and fly pretty regularly, so I do not know why I might have been targeted. I did file a couple complaints last year.....

Curious of the status of other folks and whether they got targeted or not.

Last edited by pbiflyer; Apr 13, 2004 at 7:34 pm
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I got the same offer in my paper statement and thus was able to sign up. Tried it with my mom's Skymiles account and it was a "no go". After seeing the fellow FT'ers who were unable to sign up despite being MM, I don't understand how Delta decided who would or would not be targeted. Quite confusing!
I got the offer in my statement but it denied my registration!
Old Apr 19, 2004, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Surprise, surprise! I was eligible, and signed up. But no luck for spouse, daughter, mother, nor sister.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.