Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award ticket upgrades on NW ^

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:49 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
award ticket upgrades on NW ^

I was on a flight via MSP this weekend with NW numbers and NW award.
I then had my DL number put in as it had more status than the NW account.

At online check in, was asked if I "wanted" a complimentary upgrade on my award to first class for the second leg of my trip. Right. The first leg was showing 1 seat left in C. Went to Gate, GA busy, told me first class checked in full.

Got in with elite call, sat in exit row. As doors were closing, GA comes in and tells me that 1 seat is left, but I would have to leave my bags overhead and move up at once and get my bags later. Which I did.

Flight in Y was not full. The complimentary upgrades for elites appears to have started. ^
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:57 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by ffI
The complimentary upgrades for elites appears to have started. ^
LOL. Actually they are ending on Wednesday There have been upgrades on NW metal for NW PE's for quite a while now. But they are going away on October 1st until next "spring" whatever that means. Another "best in class" improvement
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:02 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I got them coming and going to the MSP DO this past weekend... WorldPerks will be missed...

Originally Posted by fti
LOL. Actually they are ending on Wednesday There have been upgrades on NW metal for NW PE's for quite a while now. But they are going away on October 1st until next "spring" whatever that means. Another "best in class" improvement
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I was a bit sad to have learned that WP is going away so soon...I was hoping for an award ticket upgrade on my flight to EWR on Friday. Looks like I'll be in 5D over to EWR on the E-175...
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by thezipper
I got them coming and going to the MSP DO this past weekend... WorldPerks will be missed...
I will really miss them especially the award ticket companion upgrades.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:58 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by thezipper
I missed my UG LAX-MSP but I was flying standby on the earlier flight so was just glad that I got on the earlier flight to be in MSP early enough for the social time before dinner on Sat.

But yes, the benefits of WP will be missed.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ffI
I was on a flight via MSP this weekend with NW numbers and NW award.
I then had my DL number put in as it had more status than the NW account.

At online check in, was asked if I "wanted" a complimentary upgrade on my award to first class for the second leg of my trip. Right. The first leg was showing 1 seat left in C. Went to Gate, GA busy, told me first class checked in full.

Got in with elite call, sat in exit row. As doors were closing, GA comes in and tells me that 1 seat is left, but I would have to leave my bags overhead and move up at once and get my bags later. Which I did.

Flight in Y was not full. The complimentary upgrades for elites appears to have started. ^
As already noted: NW we already had them...DL doesn't....best in class = going away in a few days for everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.