Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Exactly.

In fact, in this budget-cutting era, I am surprised that someone hasn't figured out that a boatload of money could be saved by eliminating the toll-free number.

First of all, the airline doesn't want you to call and tie up an agent anyway, so it would make sense not to make it easy to call. Secondly, it doesn't cost the vast majority of people any more to call a 404 number than it does an 800 number these days, as many are using cell phones where a call is a call is a call, and even at home many have unlimited long distance plans.
I am not certain how to parse "post" but say my luggage is lost on the outbound, if I am in IST, JNB, HKG, etc., then an 800 number does save a little money when using Skype.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Figure this thread is worth a bump to look for any recent experiences. Things have run like clockwork for me this year and nearly all of last year, so I don't get to call them.

David
Old Jul 4, 2010, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by sagemont
How do I get that job?
Yours for about $10 an hour.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:23 pm

They are VERY good. If you have an issue which requires compassionate and/or understanding followup, call these people.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Nice people

They got me out of a jam 2 weeks ago, during the Great Milwaukee Debacle (which they caused BTW) .... Even gave me a "direct" number to call them. Definately more help for high-end elites than 2211212
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold :-( KLM Gold HH Diamond
Very helpful

J. helped resolve an issue and I sensed nothing more than professionalism. To add, it was for a Skymiles issue, not a flight issue and instead of just passing the buck to the department he took the lead and helped me.

2 sides. On the positive, great that these call centers exist.
On the negative, why can't all employees be as helpful? I think (lack of ) consistency is a common gripe of mine.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by delayedinLGA
J. helped resolve an issue and I sensed nothing more than professionalism. To add, it was for a Skymiles issue, not a flight issue and instead of just passing the buck to the department he took the lead and helped me.

2 sides. On the positive, great that these call centers exist.
On the negative, why can't all employees be as helpful? I think (lack of ) consistency is a common gripe of mine.
They've been great in every action. The unfortunate issue is that DL does not empower enough of their employees to resolve issues as this team can. Unfortunately, I've gotten to know the team quite well this year (long stories) but every time I've been impressed with the quick response, compassion and effective resolution skills. No buck passing, they make sure that things are done right.

Wish this group could handle more day to day issues (or the DM desk would pass legit issues through them for handling) but IIRC there are 40 of them at the desk and they would become overwhelmed if the call volume is too high.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Another vote in favor of these folks being helpful and good to deal with. They got me proper mileage credit recently when the medallion desk gave me the phone version of the shoulder shrug.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Customer Care direct phone number

One quick update - the 701 number is gone and the old corporate number makes you wait though a list of options before getting to the Customer Care. The best number to connect directly is:
(404) 773-0305
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by travelhive
One quick update - the 701 number is gone and the old corporate number makes you wait though a list of options before getting to the Customer Care. The best number to connect directly is:
(404) 773-0305
Disagree completely. That line has been a dead end for me. I always call 404-715-2600 and then hit option 8.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Disagree completely. That line has been a dead end for me. I always call 404-715-2600 and then hit option 8.
Always willing to learn from the experience of others, and I apologize if I am leading others astray. Admittedly I have had limited (but positive) experience with Customer Care, but I thought both of these numbers ultimately connected you to the same customer service people. Do the 2 different numbers really connect you to a different pool of representatives with different skills or abilities?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by travelhive
Always willing to learn from the experience of others, and I apologize if I am leading others astray. Admittedly I have had limited (but positive) experience with Customer Care, but I thought both of these numbers ultimately connected you to the same customer service people. Do the 2 different numbers really connect you to a different pool of representatives with different skills or abilities?
Not sure. When I said "dead end" I mean that no one was available to take my call. I have been given the number that you provided on a few occasions and the result has been the same.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
The OP posted a great customer service number -- they helped me very quickly with the following issue that just was met with "bad luck" types of responses. I'd booked a R/T BKK-PHX-BKK and as it turned out, on the return flight the flight was coded international all the way, even though there was a plane change in SLC. They were able to get me on the medallion upgrade request list, although in the booking it says not eligible. 2 agents had previously told me it wasn't possible without re-issuing the ticket, etc. which was not possible (and maybe that is what the new customer service did, but for me it was a painless 15 minutes on the phone).

Anyway, thumbs up to that customer service team if you ever have a problem.

Cheers, Powers
Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Powers106
The OP posted a great customer service number -- they helped me very quickly with the following issue that just was met with "bad luck" types of responses. I'd booked a R/T BKK-PHX-BKK and as it turned out, on the return flight the flight was coded international all the way, even though there was a plane change in SLC. They were able to get me on the medallion upgrade request list, although in the booking it says not eligible. 2 agents had previously told me it wasn't possible without re-issuing the ticket, etc. which was not possible (and maybe that is what the new customer service did, but for me it was a painless 15 minutes on the phone).

Anyway, thumbs up to that customer service team if you ever have a problem.

Cheers, Powers
I thought that this was a post-flight resolutions (only) department?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Vuelos
I thought that this was a post-flight resolutions (only) department?
Or also for high-value customers?? Or also for after departure and before return flight? Anyway, very efficient and friendly and they helped me out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.