Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by ifette
uhm... the same way you would contact anyone? Honestly, 800 numbers are a pain in the butt from overseas. Some phone systems will refuse to connect, others will helpfully tell you that 800 calls are not toll free from overseas and then connect you (at standard international rates). Personally, I prefer not to have to dial an 800 number for exactly this reason (have hit phones before, overseas, where I cannot dial an 800 number). Dialing the US from Canada is cheap enough, and frankly dialing the US from anywhere is pretty cheap (sadly vice versa is not always true).

Unless you are dialing from a hotel phone or a pay phone (in which case you seriously need to get with the times and get something like google voice or skype), this falls squarely in the realm of "oh my god my miles are going to take 24 hours to post." But given this number is for past travel experiences, no idea why you would be calling from a hotel/pay phone. Call when you get home, wherever that is.

Seriously, you're getting something great, and you're going to complain about the fact that it's not an 800 number? please.
Several companies - banks, airlines etc. have toll free numbers set up for a range of countries so that you are not paying 50c a minute or whatever. I just think it's bizarre that it's a direct dial number and the prime reason for my post was not to complain so much as to refute the suggestion above from another poster that more companies should eliminate toll free numbers altogether because people in the US get free long distance. I'm glad it's free for you, just pointing out that it's not for everyone - and several other companies successfully have toll free numbers in place for many different countries and it works just fine!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by silverthief2
I don't know about that; I assumed from reading this that calling whichever 800 number you use to reach DL (general res, Medallion #, whatever) would then lead you to these folks based on the nature of your call that you identify by selection. The direct line numbers are if you want these folks from the get-go. No idea if I'm right, but that's what I assumed.
Exactly. This is a special internal call center for agents from the regular reservations or SKyMiles call centers to "ecsalate" calls needing special attention to this new center. Think of calls coming to this new center as being "pre-screened" then transferred to it as needed. This allows the Corporate call center to respond to serious post-flight issues only.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by n7371f
This apparently means the end of Northwest's dedicated center in Minot, ND. Always very fair and interested when having to make a few calls over the years...
I'll start by saying that since I primarily fly Delta, I know absolutely nothing about the call center in Minot, ND. However, simply based what I've read in the thread, I can make a reasonable argument for just the opposite - that the Northwest's Minot, ND call center will continue to be used and perhaps expanded in the future.

First bit of evidence:
Originally Posted by DLBeno
the number for Northwest ops is 701-420-6282.
This is a North Dakota area code and is indeed the number that NW has had for this purpose for years.

2nd bit of evidence:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Knowing Jim and Perry are behind this, I'm very pleased they are bringing NW's excellent high-value Customer Care to the new Delta. ^
Since NW already had such a dedicated call center, and DL is making this a company-wide feature, it sure looks like DL is following NW's lead on this. It would be foolish to eliminate/move a whole office of agents that are already good at these issues, I think it would be easier to retrain these agents to work with Delta's system than to train other DL agents to handle these types of issues.

3rd bit of evidence:
Originally Posted by TTT
I had originally thought the numbers were internal, but just calling the 404 number it is Delta's general HQ number.
Originally Posted by DLBeno
the number for Delta ops is 404-715-2600, option 8
Delta is using their main corporate number, requiring callers to select option 8, which is not especially convenient. This leads me to think that this is potentially a temporary solution until everything is worked out. Perhaps the 701 number will become the number for all DL flights once a single operating certificate is obtained. It makes sense for the combined airline to have call center employees in remote locations where housing is cheap, people have easy commutes, etc.

And finally:
Originally Posted by secretsea18
I "called" Minot ND yesterday and spoke with a Delta agent regarding an unresolved issue, was surprised to not have a Northwest agent. Interestingly, he was very interested to hear of any other issues other than the specific problem I called about. ^ And my problem was completely resolved during the phone call.
Is it possible that this was actually a NW agent in ND, but that he called himself a Delta agent because NW is "now a part of Delta"? If so, that would support my hypothesis.

Anyway, the above is just a theory, but I'm all for a new direct way to contact DL about past flight issues (not that I'm planning to have any issues anytime soon).
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I just got off the phone with an agent at reservations, handling something on an upcoming reservation. Also had her check on a past missing flight credit. I asked where she was based, she said Cincy. I told her I was curious because of the new call center in Atlanta...she said they had no idea about a new call center opening, that customers usually get more information than they do. Not sure if I should be amused by the irony or concerned about the internal lack of communications.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
I just got off the phone with an agent at reservations, handling something on an upcoming reservation. Also had her check on a past missing flight credit. I asked where she was based, she said Cincy. I told her I was curious because of the new call center in Atlanta...she said they had no idea about a new call center opening, that customers usually get more information than they do. Not sure if I should be amused by the irony or concerned about the internal lack of communications.
It was posted on the front page of the internal DL website.

It'd be hard to miss....but then again, we are talking about....er, nevermind.

Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top...just got off the phone with an absolutely GREAT agent at the new ATL center who was incredibly helpful with my query - received above and beyond service from her that will get mentioned in a compliment letter. I'd highly recommend these folks if delta.com and SMS aren't being particularly helpful with anything, as this agent absolutely knew her stuff and was more than willing to bend over backwards to do anything she could do to remedy the situation.

Last edited by mersk862; Oct 16, 2009 at 3:52 pm
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:43 pm
fpm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
THe last few monts I've been on the phone with SMS as both a gold and plat (made status last month). the treatment i received as a gold mimicked (or exceeded) the treatment I experienced back in the early 2000's when I was plat.

One agent i spoke with was in Tampa, but not at the res center. He worked out of his house. the upside is I didn't hear ther agents in the background.

the overall attitude I've received this year is better than the last couple of years.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:29 pm

The 701 number rings in Atlanta and in Msp depening on the call volume...the Call Ctr in Atlanta is a new area inside the same bldg where Atlanta Reservations is ...So the CVG agent was partially correct....Its not a new call center, just a room within an existing CC....Cust Care will deal with escalated past date issues only....
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by n7371f
This apparently means the end of Northwest's dedicated center in Minot, ND. Always very fair and interested when having to make a few calls over the years...
Hopefully that tradition will find a way to live in ATL. If it does, this development is something a lot of DL customers will come to welcome.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mersk862
Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top...just got off the phone with an absolutely GREAT agent at the new ATL center who was incredibly helpful with my query - received above and beyond service from her that will get mentioned in a compliment letter. I'd highly recommend these folks if delta.com and SMS aren't being particularly helpful with anything, as this agent absolutely knew her stuff and was more than willing to bend over backwards to do anything she could do to remedy the situation.
Thanks for bumping this thread.

It reminded me that I needed to request an adjustment to reflect original mileage (including those precious MQMs) for a past trip where IRROPs cut me one segment short.

I called the new line, spoke with a very helpful agent who exuded confidence that the situation would be resolved to my satisfaction.

Less than one business day later, I received a call-back from the same agent, telling me that the adjustment was being processed.

Night and day difference from what I would have expected to go through a year ago.

Well done Delta.^
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by fpm
One agent i spoke with was in Tampa, but not at the res center. He worked out of his house.

How do I get that job?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Wow, called this Customer Care number, put in your FF number, and after a three minute hold, relayed the saga of my expected refund from flights that were canceled on Feb 10... read the ticket numbers, and she told me that both tickets had been refunded (even though they haven't shown up yet on AMEX). Since the Refund Dept. doesn't pick up their phone due to "high call volume", I received more info in 5 minutes than I have in weeks!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
This is a good thing and a step in the right direction

It's good to see that Mr. Anderson understands what a crisis in terms of customer service there is at Delta.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
^
Originally Posted by hokiekev
I've been very happy with the medallion call center lately... Very friendly... very helpful.
Likewise with my PM call experience. Re the new Center, no business grows and prospers economically by reducing service. Texas Duck
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:10 pm

This center, for post flight issues is ++++

Got the proper VDB amount from them in 5 minutes (given $400 for a 12 hr delay, it was early & I didn't want to argue with the GA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.