Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Check your DL flights for "upgrade request" status for integration week,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your DL flights for "upgrade request" status for integration week,

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Exclamation Check your DL flights for "upgrade request" status for integration week,

I am flying JFK-SLC on Oct 3 in 757, a DL flight. After looking for my possible UG to F yesterday, 6 days out, and seeing "upgrade requested", I looked today at 5 days out for the UG.

No UG so far for me... BUT, the "upgrade requested" column was missing from my itinerary on DL.com. A quick call to the WP PE line confirmed that I had been removed from the "upgrade requested" option by the DL computer! Fortunately, the very nice PE agent, was able to have someone from DL IT manually reinstate my upgrade request on my flight for Saturday. ^

Some sort of computer glitch had messed with my reservation upgrade request at the 5 day window. You might want to check your upcoming reservations on DL aircraft to make sure you are actually still on the upgrade request list before it's too late to get the UG.

I really fear the rest of this integration.....
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
I have to hope that being a fully integrated Medallion will be less painful than this no-man's land we find ourselves in.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Mine is still showing Upgrade Requested for an Oct 5 flight.

I'm hoping the EUA comes through before October 1 (it should the night of Sept 30th) based on my NW status and that I'm not trying to get things squared away when I'm forced to start using my Delta #.

Now the other three reservations I have for October are a different story. We'll probably be forced to use our DL #'s by then and it will be interesting to see how DL & NW handle the removal and addition of frequent flyer numbers in reservations and if elite status is recognized and upgrades process normally.

-RM
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Mine for Oct 4th still show my FF# (WP) and UG requested. I'm also nervous about the EUA, I sure hope I don't get it only to get booted when it changes to my DL #.

Ugh, I see lots of ugly things happening. I predict:

1. This will occur (above)
2. Many flights (particularly KLM for NW miles) will post incorrectly
3. Many miles flown around the change period lost (RDM and EQM)
4. The website crashing (dl.com).

For instance, on dl.com when you click on the "Traveling and Check-in" tab and then click on "itineraries and Check-in" and then click on confirmation number, the fields stay as your Delta SM # and pin, not for confirmation #.

Gosh, I hate the dl.com website (or DL IT).
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

My flight that dropped the Upgrade request is for Oct 3, Saturday. It somehow got dropped about the time that the 5 day window opened for the upgrade.

Just wanted to alert folks that this happened last night. Hopefully the fixed upgrade request will stick and actually get me upgraded.

Good luck to all in the next few days with the new "best in class" technonogy. LOL
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Well just a data point for a NW ticketed mix of NW and DL flights for this weekend. All available upgrades cleared. Thanks for the heads up as things will get interesting as well as frustrating over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by Blank Sheet; Sep 30, 2009 at 5:06 am Reason: need to actually type what my mind is saying
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Lucky you, as my flight is still "requested"... a saturday am JFK-SLC 757 with 24 FC seats.... There ARE avail seats per the PE Seattle agent I spoke with and who fixed my "request". Hopefully I will clear on the Gold window.....
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by secretsea18
Lucky you, as my flight is still "requested"... a saturday am JFK-SLC 757 with 24 FC seats.... There ARE avail seats per the PE Seattle agent I spoke with and who fixed my "request". Hopefully I will clear on the Gold window.....
Deleted.

-RM
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: NW, UA
should i go in and change to SM # on all my future NW coded flights? or would it matter? i have 75K level status on both so it should not matter as far as the upgrades go, at least theoretically. just wanting to minimize the potential inconvenience (delayed postings, etc) due to possible glitches. but then i've been bribed with 5k eqm and expect to be fully inconvenienced in one shape or form...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, my EUA for my 10/5 JFK-SEA flight didn't clear last night. Maybe it will tonight

The flight was X1 until 1015pm ET last night. Then it went to X0. However, no one was upgraded. How do I know? The entire FC cabin is still empty!

Here's to hoping the upgrade comes through without a hitch whether it's via my NW WP Plat # or my soon to be DL SM Plat #....

-RM
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
this is a common problem with DL's DLMatic system and has been noted here many times before...what's happening is it is dropping your NWA Elite # for some reason.....it is NOT tied to the WP-SM conversion (I did email Theresa on it last week, she didn't lead me to believe she was aware of it but did say she'd have someone look into the issue to see what was going on)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.