Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Gifted Status or Status Match and Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM

I plan to gift GM status to an associate between now and the end of this year. Let's assume she ends the year with 30,000 MQMs in her account. What will her rollover miles be? 30k? 5k? 0?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by safigan
I plan to gift GM status to an associate between now and the end of this year. Let's assume she ends the year with 30,000 MQMs in her account. What will her rollover miles be? 30k? 5k? 0?
Her account will roll over with 5K. The 25K will count towards "silver medallion" which will be upgraded to Gold.

If she flies less than 25K miles however, none will roll over.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:48 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
deleted...misread
Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
I wouldn't count on any rollover MQMs. The way I read it, they subtract 25k from your total if you are FO, 50k if GM, 75k if PM, 125k if DM, and whatever is left is your "rollover". So, if said associate is GM with only 30k MQMs, I would not expect any rollover. JMO
Old Sep 19, 2009, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by td777
I wouldn't count on any rollover MQMs. The way I read it, they subtract 25k from your total if you are FO, 50k if GM, 75k if PM, 125k if DM, and whatever is left is your "rollover". So, if said associate is GM with only 30k MQMs, I would not expect any rollover. JMO
That's my understanding as well.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, IC Royal Amb, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis First
MQM rollover when gifting silver?

Okay, so I know that non-elite SM members won't be able to roll over any MQMs. What about when someone gifts you FO status? In my situation, I gifted FO status to my wife for my 100K award. She currently has ~15K MQMs this year. Will she be able to roll all of those over to next year? From looking at the rollover rules, it's not clear to me how that works. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Only miles over the level rollover, for silver that is 25K, so no rollover miles if your wife is at 15K for this year.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by slwkf1
Okay, so I know that non-elite SM members won't be able to roll over any MQMs. What about when someone gifts you FO status? In my situation, I gifted FO status to my wife for my 100K award. She currently has ~15K MQMs this year. Will she be able to roll all of those over to next year? From looking at the rollover rules, it's not clear to me how that works. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?
If given silver puts 25K MQM in her account yes she will have rollover. If only the status changes and her account shows 15k still then no.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Gifting status does not put MQMs into someone's account. Your current status with DL might have nothing to do with your MQMs earned this year or last.

If John gives Jane FO status Jane gets all the benefits of being Silver Medallion whether she has ever flown DL in the past or not. However, for Jane to re-qualify she must fly/earn 25K MQMs on her own. If Jane ends the year with 24K MQMs she will rollover nothing. If she ends the year with 26K MQMs she will qualify for a status that she already has, Silver, because John gave it too her. But she will get 1000 MQMs rolled over into 2010 (sometime in the spring).

If Jane earns 25K miles before Dec 31 this will not be "added to her FO status" making her GM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
Rollover MQMs GONE!!!

Did anyones MQMs disappear today?

My sister had 22k mqm that rolled over... Now they are gone now. She was a FO last year and did not push hard to make GM.

I guess we will call SMS.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Mine are all still there
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Has she been gifted Gold or Silver status? If so, Rollover MQMs are withdrawn from her account.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Dilemma
Has she been gifted Gold or Silver status? If so, Rollover MQMs are withdrawn from her account.
Yes, I made her GM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GoldboxATL
Yes, I made her GM.
There you go then!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

If you gifted her status then only those miles over the 50,000 mile mark would be rolled over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.