Wiki Posts
Search

CO PC access extended until 1/31/2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by elbombo
Apparently CO P-club members are being allowed to use DL Sky Clubs through December 31, 2009 as well.
When I used the SkyClub in MKE recently (with my PC membership) they gave me a "final drink" card thing that stated that access would continue until 1/31/10
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: BA silver
I was told by the SC rep in DTW that CO PC members can access DL SC until 1/31/2010 AND bring in up to 2 guests. I was also advised to be prepared to get the hard sell to purchase a SC membership.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cielak
I was told by the SC rep in DTW that CO PC members can access DL SC until 1/31/2010 AND bring in up to 2 guests. I was also advised to be prepared to get the hard sell to purchase a SC membership.
I have gotten the soft sell occasionally. I tell'm I am thinking about it and they quickly release the armlock and stop the waterboarding.

MisterNice
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I got the soft-sell at DEN and IAH (B Club) so far. I just tell them each time that I'm going to join in December/January, as I can get into the lounges for the next few months with my DL membership and want to minimize the amount of time I'm overlapping.

I'll probably join in mid-January when I go to LHR (I guess I'll need to bring the CRC card that day though to join, even though I'd be getting in as a *G on an international itinerary, as well as a *A int'l business class ticket...)
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: NW/DL GE, CO GE
I know there's been some debate about continuing access to PCs for Skyclub card holders (both here and in the CO forum), so I emailed Pres. Club to get an answer in writing. Here's the deal:

Thank you for contacting the Presidents Club Service Center.

Yes, you may visit our lounges. As of October 24, 2009, our agreement ended with the Delta and Northwest and we are extending privileges to all of their guest until January 31, 2010.

To view a list of cities with Presidents Clubs and/or affiliated clubrooms available for use by Presidents Club members, please visit http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...locations.aspx and click a city to get detailed clubroom information.

So, looks like we're good until end of January. No mention of changing the policy not to include guests, so I'll definitely give it a try (I did ask that question in my email, but it didn't get answered).
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:03 pm

Guest Not Allowed in LAS Lounge

Gate Keeper in LAS lounge said on 10/26 only the cardholder was allowed in gratis. Mrs Ken would have needed to pay a fee. I grabbed a paper and left.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Gate Keeper in LAS lounge said on 10/26 only the cardholder was allowed in gratis. Mrs Ken would have needed to pay a fee. I grabbed a paper and left.
What's with the inconsistency? Why is it so hard for these clubs to be on the same page with this?

Last edited by cielak; Nov 10, 2009 at 5:20 pm Reason: wording
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by cielak
What's with the inconsistency? Why is it so hard for these clubs to be on the same page with this?
Official policy for entrance to CO lounges right now for SC members is only the cardholder gets in for free. No guests of any kind unless they can get in on their own.

Last edited by mersk862; Nov 10, 2009 at 6:23 pm
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, CO Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I was in the President's Club at LAS Wednesday. They passed out a little card explaining what was up. It is not recipricol, but an attempt to sell a discounted PC membership to those displaced NW/DL flyers in cities with no SkyClub, or multiple clubs where the PC may be more convienant. I also believe it is an attempt to entice some disaffected NW flyers over the CO.

Marketing.
Actually, it is reciprocal at DTW. I can not speak for other cities, but you can clearly use your CO PC card to get into SC at DTW until 12/31/2009.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
At the C South President's Club at IAH this morning, I was admitted with my WorldClubs card and was allowed to take in my colleague with me. This evening, when we returned, I was admitted, but the lounge guardian balked at me bringing in a guest. Said something about how my membership only afforded me admission. First time I had heard this in a number of Presidents Club visits since the divorce. No problem since we both have AmEx Platinum cards, but mildly annoying nonetheless.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
At the C South President's Club at IAH this morning, I was admitted with my WorldClubs card and was allowed to take in my colleague with me. This evening, when we returned, I was admitted, but the lounge guardian balked at me bringing in a guest. Said something about how my membership only afforded me admission. First time I had heard this in a number of Presidents Club visits since the divorce. No problem since we both have AmEx Platinum cards, but mildly annoying nonetheless.
I've been to a CO club a couple times since Oct and all times the dragons were very particular about telling me I had access through January but if I wanted to bring guests I would need a CO lounge membership.

Honestly, one of the things that sealed the deal on my switch to CO was the attention I got from the various dragons when presenting my NW card - they gave me an attentive sell, but didn't oversell. Everything about the way that airline is run that I have experienced so far has trounced DL.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Confirmed: BOS PC access done on 1/31/10

I just noticed that PC clubs have already been removed from Delta's website of Sky Clubs:

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

I can personally confirm that the Boston PC just past security in Terminal A will no longer accept Sky Club members as of 1/31/10. I was told that when I visited earlier this week.

This is terrible news for those of us who mostly use the shuttle gates and never have enough time to go all the way to the back part of terminal A for the lone Sky Club.

This is seriously making me reconisder a renewal in March, since I spend half my time in this PC club.

Has anyone with Sky Club membership received official notice of this policy change?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
I was also reminded of this was I was at LAS last week. But I was very grateful to get access to the CO club and was hoping that the access didn't end 12/31/09.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.