Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Get rewarded for booking Award Travel (10% rebate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Redeem your miles for an Award Ticket and we'll give you 10% of them back.
Loyalty is hard to find these days. To show you how much we appreciate yours, we have an exclusive offer for you.

Book an Award Ticket by August 31 and travel between August 6 and September 30, 2009, and as a bonus, 10% of the miles you redeemed will be returned to your SkyMiles account after you travel.

Now is the ideal time to save your cash and redeem miles for a relaxing vacation or a quick getaway to see family or friends. Whatever trip you take, you'll be getting back 10% of the miles used for every Award Ticket you redeem.

Loyal flyers like you are special to us. We'd like to do something special for you. Register for this offer, then book an Award Ticket by August 31 at delta.com/awardticket and travel between August 6 and September 30, 2009, to get your 10% bonus.

Mileage Used* Good for Travel 10% Bonus

25,000 Within U.S. 2,500
40,000 U.S. to Hawaii 4,000
60,000 U.S. to Europe 6,000

*Sample redemption Award levels. Payment of additional taxes/fees is required and baggage charges and other restrictions may apply. See Terms & Conditions below for additional details.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Thats a pretty short window of travel! Which means a lot of FOs and GMs will get stuck paying the award redemption fees if they book and travel within the 3 week period.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Registration is required at http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_mi...us/10bonus.jsp
(direct link to registration: http://www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/10bonus )

The terms state that it is only valid for those receiving the email. YMMV.

Originally Posted by Terms & Conditions
[bolding mine]
Eligibility:
Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by August 31, 2009.
Bonus Offer: Redeem and fly an Award Ticket on Delta, the Delta Connection® carriers, Northwest, Alaska Airlines, Avianca, and SkyTeam (excluding Continental) marketed/operated flights between August 6 and September 30, 2009, and earn 10% miles back for each Award trip booked and flown. Excludes tickets purchased/redeemed using Pay with Miles.
Restrictions: Award levels shown available at delta.com. Tickets cost $20 more if purchased from Delta over the phone, $35 more at a Delta ticket counter or ticket office, and these amounts are nonrefundable. Tickets are nontransferable. Seats are limited.
Applicable Routes: All domestic and international routes.
Tickets: Award Tickets must be booked between August 6 and August 31, 2009.
Travel Period: Travel must be between August 6 and September 30, 2009. All travel must be completed by September 30, 2009.
Blackout Dates: Subject to Award level availability.
Minimum Stay: None
Maximum Stay: None
Taxes and Fees: The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges is the responsibility of the passenger. Award Travel tickets do not include Federal Excise tax of $3.60, Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $4.50, and the September 11th Security Fee of up to $2.50 for each flight segment. For travel to/from Hawaii/Alaska, U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $16.00 is not included. International Award Travel Tickets, including tickets for travel to/from PR/U.S. Virgin Islands, do not include U.S. International Air Transportation Tax of up to $32.20 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $299, depending on itinerary.

Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. In some instances, the government may elect to collect the fees directly from the passenger. Some airline partners charge a fee for Award Travel redemptions for travel on their airlines. These fees, when applicable, are the responsibility of the passenger and will be collected at the time of booking. Additional fees apply for some SkyMiles transactions.
Cancellations/Refunds/Changes: Tickets are nonrefundable except in accordance with Delta’s cancellation policy. Fees may apply for downgrades/reissues and itinerary changes. Contact a Delta agent or see Ticket Changes for details.
Baggage Charges: For travel within the United States/PR/U.S. Virgin Islands, $15 fee for 1 checked bag and $25 fee for second checked bag when bags are prepaid during online check-in at delta.com. For tickets purchased on or after July 15 for travel on or after August 4, there is a $5 surcharge for each of the first two bags when checking in via ticket counter, kiosk, or curbside. For all other travel, no fee for 2 checked bags ($50 for second checked bag for travel to/from Europe) and $200 fee for third checked bag. Allowances subject to size/weight limits. Contact a Delta agent or see Excess Baggage for details.
Miscellaneous: Fares, taxes, fees, rules, and offers are subject to change without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Other restrictions may apply. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970630.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM; UA; AA
20% bonus for me. Just received the email.
30%, anyone? :-)
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Apparently there are 3 tiers to this promo:
10%, 15, and 20% off (the NW Board has more info on this- yet another reason why these board needs to be merged).

I haven't been able to check my personal email, but I manipulated the link to
http://www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/20bonus
and got: Thanks. You're all set.
Now that you've registered, take a look around and see all the great places we can take you.

Doesn't really matter because I'm not booking award travel anytime soon, but it seems like I was targeted for the 20%.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:27 am

Smile

Thanks for the link. I didn't get the e-mail, but my SkyMiles number was accepted.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:39 am

What's the point of this promotion, especially since the promo is targeted? I received a 20% one & am sitting on a ton of Delta miles. Are they trying to get us to bring down our balances?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
A cleverly disguised rock, if you ask me. I am eligible, but really don't see how this would do me much good. I suppose there will be a lucky few PMs who squeeze a few miles out of it but for most I bet the late ticketing fees will eat up any freebie miles. Meh.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I got the 15% back version but probably won't take advantage of it.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Don't you have to pay a fee if you book an award within a 21 day window or something like that?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by amps
Don't you have to pay a fee if you book an award within a 21 day window or something like that?
Yup! thats what I said in my above post...the 21 day window will trap a lot of people

Effective August 15, 2008 the current Award Ticketing fee structure will change to three tiers for Award Tickets issued on or within 20 days before departure date.

For Award Tickets issued 21 days or more before departure date, no fee is applied.
For Award Tickets issued 8 to 20 days before departure date, a $75 fee is applied.
For Award Tickets issued 4 to 7 days before departure date, a $100 fee is applied.
For Award Tickets issued 3 days or less prior to departure date, a $150 fee is applied.
The fee is waived for Award Tickets issued from a Platinum Medallion® members' account
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by amps
Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner!

Sounds like fee stimulation for those who are not fee exempt.

And, if you are exempt from the last minute reservation fees, getting you active in the redemption system makes you a candidate for change/redeposit fees later.

I received the 20% offer.

Very "gratifying" to see DL essentially double award mileage requirements, then give me a limited time 20% rebate off of the inflated figures.

I feel so valued.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner!

Sounds like fee stimulation for those who are not fee exempt.

And, if you are exempt from the last minute reservation fees, getting you active in the redemption system makes you a candidate for change/redeposit fees later.

Very "gratifying" to see DL essentially double award mileage requirements, then give me a limited time 20% rebate off of the inflated figures.

I feel so valued.
I got the 10% offer. So basically if I book 25k award and travel within 20 days I am paying $75 to save 2,500 miles. Not a great deal at all.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

I feel so valued.
Well, I would not say it's the best offer, but not too bad. I was thinking of spoiling the better half with a short weekend in EU, and we thought it would be better off for saving. Well, now we might look into it again. With no fee, and 20% back on 2 tickets for two would mean a 'kickback' of a US domestic travel (so a family member can drop by and visit.)

Not perfect, but hi- better than nothing.

BTW- this promotion was given few months ago as well, was also targeted (April/May 2009?)

Last edited by DLroads; Aug 6, 2009 at 12:20 pm Reason: A copy and paste error... micro$#@#@
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Rock for me, so far anyway, though I have not tried the link above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.