FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/981281-honolulu-hnl-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

Blank Sheet Dec 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Do we have access to the CO PC at HNL? Anyone recently tried to gain access using the SC card?

FLYWORLDNOW Dec 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Free Drink Coupon for Bar Upstairs (late November 2009)

I asked if there was a bar - and was told no. I sat down and within a few minutes the Sky Club agent gave me a free drink coupon for a drink at the bar that is directly above the Sky Club (it's a bar/restaurant literally right outside the elevator that you take outside the Sky Club). Excellent service. Thanks. It is nice to see them try to accommodate during their liquor license processing.

beckoa Jan 5, 2010 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by FLYWORLDNOW (Post 12994242)
I asked if there was a bar - and was told no. I sat down and within a few minutes the Sky Club agent gave me a free drink coupon for a drink at the bar that is directly above the Sky Club (it's a bar/restaurant literally right outside the elevator that you take outside the Sky Club). Excellent service. Thanks. It is nice to see them try to accommodate during their liquor license processing.

Thanks for the update on this ^

Any new news in the past month? I'll be there on the 15th with a guest, if there is no 'bar' yet, I hope we can access the bar above...

scotty00 Jan 6, 2010 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet (Post 12993748)
Do we have access to the CO PC at HNL? Anyone recently tried to gain access using the SC card?

Yes, you can access it with your SC card until the end of January (from what I was told there last month), but only the cardholder is allowed, no guests.

Kinsey Jan 6, 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 13121833)

Any new news in the past month? I'll be there on the 15th with a guest, if there is no 'bar' yet, I hope we can access the bar above...

Just FYI - Anyone in the terminal can access that bar (the Kona Brewing Company). It's not restricted to any group of people/destinations/what not and it's in the central lobby area, just down from the Burger King Food Court, near the Coach/Celine/Duty Free stores.

They have excellent nachos, good waitstaff, and a nice view of the runways, btw.

beckoa Jan 6, 2010 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kinsey (Post 13124025)
Just FYI - Anyone in the terminal can access that bar (the Kona Brewing Company). It's not restricted to any group of people/destinations/what not and it's in the central lobby area, just down from the Burger King Food Court, near the Coach/Celine/Duty Free stores.

They have excellent nachos, good waitstaff, and a nice view of the runways, btw.

Guess I should have clarified... accessed with free beverage from SC [if that situation has not been rectified]

Blank Sheet Jan 6, 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by scotty00
Yes, you can access it with your SC card until the end of January (from what I was told there last month), but only the cardholder is allowed, no guests.

Thanks scotty00

beckoa Jan 22, 2010 12:18 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 13121833)

Still have the voucher offer... but they open at 11 AM so was unable to secure a beverage before my 9 AM flight... and was renting a car upon arrival so didn't pursue beverages upon arrival either... (Wanted sun).

No liquor license yet, but DL has a sign with the following:

We are in the process of obtaining a new liquor license as part of the move to this new facility.

Unfortunately we are not able to serve alcoholic beverages during this interm period.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.
Had the same message below in Japanese too...

Blank Sheet Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am

Access was granted at the CO PC on 1/13 for the early morning opening till they closed at 6:30am. As was stated earlier, access is gone at the end of January. Back in HNL on 1/22 and will press the nice former NW agent on the liquor/beer issue.

KenfromDE Feb 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Any word on the HNL lounge liquor license? We leave in 9 days.

mersk862 Feb 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Was no booze there when I passed through last weekend. Went to the President's Club to have a drink instead.

KenfromDE Feb 13, 2010 2:16 pm

:( Damn! Thanks!

Spiff Feb 13, 2010 2:44 pm

The bloody marys are great at PC, especially since there was no free alternative elsewhere in January. :(

DJMeatBall Feb 14, 2010 5:42 am

It's surprising that the biggest airline in the world still can't serve booze at one of their International Gateway airport clubs. It's been at least half a year at this point.

Winkdaddy Feb 14, 2010 6:46 am

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall (Post 13387205)
It's surprising that the biggest airline in the world still can't serve booze at one of their International Gateway airport clubs. It's been at least half a year at this point.

I wonder if its Delta's lack of priority in making this happen to save $$ on alcohol costs, or if its just the Hawaii Sate bureacracy taking forever to approve a new license.