Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Salt Lake City SLC Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Salt Lake City SLC Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:12 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Its not the worse or most packed SC I've ever been in but it ranks near the top. Its just laid out inefficiently and there isn't a single scenic window in the whole club. And the way they lay out the food spread on the middle table, its like throwing meat in a tank of piranhas.

The future terminal upgrades involve two separate concourses for mainline jets and a commuter jet concourse. All connected by underground train. I suppose if the Delta hub is still here you would see a sky club in both of the separate mainline terminals? Maybe... or possibly the mainline terminal and the commuter terminal which is slated to boast more gates than even the largest of the two mainline terminals.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:40 pm

Because you're going to fly them anyways.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ayg
and the commuter terminal which is slated to boast more gates than even the largest of the two mainline terminals.
Did they not learn anything from the money they wasted on Concourse C in CVG?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I was in the club twice last week (normally I dont get that far west) and while both times it was busy (and I do mean busy) it wasn't so busy as seats were difficult to find which often happens at ATL...maybe I just hit the right times - not sure
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:46 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Did they not learn anything from the money they wasted on Concourse C in CVG?
As long as its better than the dreaded Terminal E in SLC... Nothing like a stroll down Term E when its snowing outside or middle of the summer when its 100. HVAC is an afterthought for the metal shed on the tarmac. When they fire up the EMB-120's the glass almost vibrates out of the window frames.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ayg
As long as its better than the dreaded Terminal E in SLC... Nothing like a stroll down Term E when its snowing outside or middle of the summer when its 100. HVAC is an afterthought for the metal shed on the tarmac. When they fire up the EMB-120's the glass almost vibrates out of the window frames.
Are you talking about the Y or the actual E terminal? I ask because the Y is not considered a building and therefore cannot have HVAC.

DL cannot physically build a bigger SLC skyclub as there is no place to expand. To the West is the parking lot between baggage claim and the INTL term; To the East is the Starbucks and Book Store; To the South is the baggage claim area; To the North is the terminal and the walkway. The area between the SC and the moving walkways contains the only entrance for T2 that employees use to bypass security lines when coming on the job.

If the master plan comes to fruition then the airport will have space but as it stands right now there is literally no physical place to expand the SC into.
http://slcairport.com/cmsdocuments/20YearMasterPlan.pdf
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:53 am
Suspended

Does anyone know when exactly they are planning on building new terminals? or even deciding on an exact plan. That PDF photo looks nothing at all like the current layout. I looks like DEN to be honest. With that design delta would need two clubs in each of the two or three clubs since it looks like it would take a long time to get between areas and terminals
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wish there was a way to put an ancillary Skyclub down in E similar to what US has in their PHL Regional Terminal. That would save me A. the walk on Connection to Connection connections () and B. having to spend time in the awful E holding pen.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Is it lack of space or over utilization?

It can get busy during banks of flights but lately it has been downright unpleasant and really not worth entering the club. Just try using the lav when you can't get a seat ... you can't do that either! If I see a line extending out of the entry door, I just keep walking.

Let's be very frank: management has decided to make the clubs a revenue center to the detriment of everyone who tries to use them; those who bought memberships and those who took 'uncle' American Express's invitation to romp in the SkyClub. Just as Amex gives out gazillions of SkyMiles which chase a finite amount of award seats, there are only so many seats in the SkyClub (especially during a flight bank) when so many Amex invitations have been issued.

But hey, what can they do? Delta is Amex's _ _ _ _ _ and they can't say no.

On the other hand management did turn away a few dollars when they left Priority Pass.

Want a SkyClub that's quick and easy to enter, has available seats at all times and maybe a little sense of calm? Stop inviting in everyone with $25 and an Amex card. Is it a place for your best customers to rest, recharge, make a few phone calls or just another way to add to the bottom line?

Jim (canceled my SkyMiles Amex, yes I did)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President Circle
SLC Sky Club serving Krusovice beer from The Czech Republic - soooo good!

I'd never had it before and it is a wonderful, full bodied dark beer. I highly recommend it if you happen to be passing through and enjoy dark beer.

Any other interesting beers served in other Sky Clubs?

(I did a search and didn't find any other similar threads. If they exist, sorry.)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
A lot of the Pre-Merger Delta clubs have a very good craft beer selection - Boston has Sam Adams, Atlanta has Sweetwater 420, Salt Lake has a few local beers on tap (a Hefeweizen and something else from Park City), LAX had one (Pacific something) at least in the pre-renovated club. MSP has Summit in the C club.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Now, if only more places here in the States would carry Becherovka....(Czech, but not a beer). Medicinal-tasting, but at the same time a nectar of the gods!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
My personal favorite is stopping by the AS Board Room (I know you can get it at the ones in ANC and SEA) and having a fine Alaskan Amber. The SEA CRC used to have it before it was shut down.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Krusovice--The Best Beer Served in the SC System

And it isn't even close.

Love flying through SLC and having a cold Krusovice in the huge pint+ bottle.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Red Hook Slim Chance at LAX is a helluva way to drink oneself into sleeping on the redeye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.