Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

So apparently they published a story on the Delta employee site about our event.

I got back to DC and headed to the Sky Club. I knew the agent so I told her where I was coming from. She told me she was just reading about it on the Delta employee site but there were no photos. I gladly pulled out my camera to show her the event. She thought it was very cool:
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: DL GM
Nutella

Nutella is back! A17 Sky Club ATL.

Thank you Delta!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
but I did manage to hold back and not fish out my new Delta Road Warrior Certified Bag Tag to wave around.
We met an FA on the way to the Sky Club, told her we are newly annointed ABPs, told her about the 3 day DO, my own 767 and showed her my RWT tag. She was all smiles.
Thanks again Steve, Brian, Kirk, Nancy, Mary Kay, and Joanne, and the team leaders for all the work you did. It was very nice to meet all of you FTs.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by Mrs. Gargoyle

Thank you Delta!
I'm sure gpsscuba2000 will be thrilled!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by uva185

It was at C36 yesterday, with Biscoffs, pretzels, and dried fruit. Now what exactly do you do with Nutella? I've honestly never tried it.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:36 am

So apparently they published a story on the Delta employee site about our event.

I got back to DC and headed to the Sky Club. I knew the agent so I told her where I was coming from. She told me she was just reading about it on the Delta employee site but there were no photos. I gladly pulled out my camera to show her the event. She thought it was very cool:

The story on DeltaNet wasn't about our group, sadly. It was about the BE meal testing folks.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm home.... very tired and headed for a nap before I read the last few pages here and post my pictures....

Thanks to everyone of you who had anything to do with helping this weekend, it was just amazing!!! ^ ^ ^ @:-) ^ ^ ^
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I got the lowdown on Nutella from one of my foodie/wine travel clients. Nutella is good with bananas, apples, and she said, wafers/cookies (i.e. like Biscoffs). So if the SC has fruit, Biscoffs, and Nutella, they are a good combination. In fact, she was thrilled to see it today in the C36 club in ATL!

Last edited by me4yankees; Jun 28, 2009 at 12:30 pm
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by ADLFO
[SIZE=1]STAY SEATED. STAY SEATED...
Yeah, like we ever pay any attention to that one!

David
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gargoyle
Thank you Delta!
Nutella: http://www.nutellausa.com/ -- "The Original, creamy, chocolaty hazelnut spread" (www.nutella.com goes to www.Ferrero.it, the Ferrero-Rocher chocolatier in northern Italy that owns it).

I "donated" my IAH-E P-Club Nutella ration to GPScuba2000. Hope he finds a utensil or else a good home for it. Maybe we should have given it to Anita as a memento to remember us by (or at least the cover for it...) ??
I wouldn't be surprised if Tina and Liz and Sly got right onto our feedback about Nutella and Biscoffs!

I really did try to get a couple of boxes of Delta-branded Biscoff packages for us, but we never did a stop or a tour at Gate Gourmet, where our RWT staff says they are stored. (Note to ATLdiff...add Gate Gourmet snack division to the tours). So, either beg enough off the inflight crew, or get 250+ miles for shopping at http://www.biscoff.com/gourmet/shop?...rcecode=DELTA4 . Mrs. Gargoyle can probably get enough there to make Mr. G's "Cream of Biscoff" Business Elite recipe....

Originally Posted by atl runner
Day 3--Road Warrior Training. What can I say--words can hardly express the appreciation we all had for the many In-Flight Services staff that gave us an unbelivable learning experience--and a ton of fun at the same time.
Um, if you weren't there Saturday, you missed ATLdiff's well-memorized (ahem) inflight safety briefing. See Photo #127 by bdnyc, link below. Skoker knew his stuff...

And then there was Sly getting Gargoyle to perform Business Elite inflight food service. I'd love to see some pictures of these... [B]Traveller did well on these (below).

Originally Posted by atldlff
Safe travels home everyone! What a fantastic 3 days…

P.S. I want to know how many of you newly "Certified RWT" told your FAs on the way home, "I am your designated ABP"? For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about... you should attend the next Road Warrior training.
Anyone missing those signed RWT certificates (B&W, not framed, but real) who attended on Saturday, send ATLdiff a buck to mail it, or see him in Atlanta...

The H-bus was a couple minutes after the 45-min cutoff at oh-dark-hundred today, after dropping off at DL first. CO agt placed non-elites at elite check-in kiosks, with attitude; the gate door was still open and plane took a 15-min delay, but "closed" so I lost my 1st class seat back. We took a mechanical delay on the next. I mentioned something about RWT to the non-rev FA ahead of me, who actually then bolted with her buddy from the aircraft when the mechanical was mentioned. I don't think that training was her reason for bolting...I hope not...!

Last edited by flyzabit; Jun 28, 2009 at 6:26 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Most of what I wanted to say has already been posted in this thread.

However, I also want to thank each and every person who helped make this event — dare I say? — arguably one of the best FlyerTalk member events ever.

Right now, I am still catching up on e-mail messages and FlyerTalk threads, which can be more daunting as a moderator. If I think of anything else that I can add, I will post it.

In the meantime, discussions and planning for the next event is already underway. I can say with confidence that there will be another event similar to this one because not only has every Delta Air Lines employee that I asked expressed that they are definitely interested in doing this again, but some of them proactively asked atldlff and I if we would be interested in doing this again!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Issues with the High speed internet at the Hilton

Several of you sent me a note that the Airport Hilton did not honor the 50% discount on High Speed Internet Access in guest rooms, upon checking out. My sincere apology for the inconvenience. I am not sure why that happened, and unfortunately I cannot address the issue with the Sales office until tomorrow morning. I will get the issue corrected, and I have a complete list of everyone that had reservations at the group rate. I will let you know how and when the issue will be resolved as soon as I have had a chance to discuss it with the Hilton tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a safe journey home - and no matter which runway or direction you headed out from the ATL airport, there was a view of one of the venues that you visited during the last three days. Until next time...
Old Jun 28, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
NY checks in with some photos

Saturday night, DL1794 ATL-LGA had five Road Warriors in F, plus NW's FA Tom fresh from the training center also in F. A surplus of six ABP's--First Class passengers were well covered. If there was trouble in coach?... well, elites don't know what goes on back there anyway.

Gogo worked on the flight, but with dinner not enough time to post on FT

Great event. Grazie mille Steve and Brian. Superior DO. Now I gotta get those thank you notes in the mail.

Here's a link (I hope) to some photos
ATL DL RWT link
and there's a slideshow option.

I know, too many of the DC3. And the auditorium was dark / weak flash, sorry.

If you're wondering why this NW guy doesn't have any shots of the NW747 departing?... well, I did that as HD video and will try to figure out how to share that.

And the ditching? Once we got to the wet part I put the camera someplace dry.

Hope the link works. Can't wait for the next get-together. I'll be talking about this one for a very long time.

BD

Last edited by bdnyc; Jun 28, 2009 at 5:10 pm
Old Jun 28, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by atldlff
Several of you sent me a note that the Airport Hilton did not honor the 50% discount on High Speed Internet Access in guest rooms, upon checking out. My sincere apology for the inconvenience. I am not sure why that happened, and unfortunately I cannot address the issue with the Sales office until tomorrow morning. I will get the issue corrected, and I have a complete list of everyone that had reservations at the group rate. I will let you know how and when the issue will be resolved as soon as I have had a chance to discuss it with the Hilton tomorrow.
I checked my charges on the television before checking out, and called the desk about the discrepancy. The agent was quite unhelpful, but said he would check with the manager and I would be called back. That did not happen.

When I checked out, I complained again. That (different) agent apologized and removed the Internet charges completely. She said the first agent was wrong, and had not recorded my name so they could call back. I couldn't find out if they had really found the agreement on the charges, or had decided to remove the charges to keep this HH Diamond happy.

It was rather a shame, as I had my little speech all prepared as to how there was going to be another event next year and I would be quite happy to stay at the Hampton Inn where the bed would be extremely comfortable and no arguing about Internet charges (free.)

I'm sure it will get worked out for everybody. I only paid for two days usage (would have used it today, but did not after seeing the charge) and certainly was not going to let $15 spoil anything for me.

I made it home in good order. I should get photos extracted tonight or tomorrow and probably load some of them to webshots in a day or so. I did get a couple of shots of the US Bank billboard that Jeff mentioned.

I'm still tired.....!

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Jun 28, 2009 at 4:25 pm
Old Jun 28, 2009, 4:31 pm
Suspended

In honor of the great weekend, I have decided to change my handle from jcherney to EasyVictor. For those that didn't attend, they will assume my name is Victor and I'm easy! For the rest of you it will make perfect sense!

PS -They didn't charge me for internet at all (and I didn't complain about it, either!)

pps Great dinner at Andiamo's with DiverDave and Pharoah last nite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.