Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive

Subscribe
Can anyone shed some light on the diabetic meals served JFK-CDG and AMS-JFK? I'm in C+ and I assume meals same as Y, correct? I am wondering if I should bring along something to eat. I usually have high protein and moderate carbs. I am hoping it's not a pasta meal, which I can't have. Yes, first time DL flier.
Quote: Can anyone shed some light on the diabetic meals served JFK-CDG and AMS-JFK? I'm in C+ and I assume meals same as Y, correct? I am wondering if I should bring along something to eat. I usually have high protein and moderate carbs. I am hoping it's not a pasta meal, which I can't have. Yes, first time DL flier.
You can order a diabetic meal which I don't think would be pasta, but I'm not sure. In any case, if you have a medical need you should bring something as a backup because mistakes can always happen.
Thanks. I always have protein bars. Quest bars are really tasty.
Quote: Thanks. I always have protein bars. Quest bars are really tasty.
here are the special meals options, note that some of them are not available on every flight and as noted previously, catering mistakes happen. always inform the GA and lead FA that you have a special meal on order.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ial-meals.html
Quote: To PEk I wouldn't worry too much. From PEK is another story. I've flown premium cabins on 3 airlines long haul in the last 18 months and in my experience, catering ex PEK is bad. Noticeably bad. ..including my experiences in D1/BE. YMMV
You nailed it. Going out to PEK was pretty good with a few options I hadn't seen before. The prosciutto wrapped scallops were a nice change. Everything was what I would expect from D1 based on a dozen or so recent flights. Coming back....lol. Yeah it was bad. The one item that everybody seemed to want, Korean BBQ they only had one of and everything else was blah at best. It was all dried out and nasty. I had the chicken because I wanted to try something other than the beef tenderloin that I usually get and it was borderline edible. The omelette in the morning was a far cry from the one I had going from JFK to LAX. I was almost wondering of they catered the flight in SEA and it sat on the plane for 20 hours, but then I saw some dragon fruit in the mix.
Catering at PEK is poor on every airline it seems and it is a bit of mystery to me as at least one airline (I flew on) was catered by LSG which one would think would be able to prepare food like they do in any other city, but even they seem to struggle at PEK.

Curious as I have not flown a lunchtime flight non-DELTA 1 transcon in a while what is the offering now a days? My Wife and I will be flying SAN-JFK and last time I flew LAX-ATL at lunch it was a salad or a calzone (which was not bad).
Quote: Catering at PEK is poor on every airline it seems and it is a bit of mystery to me as at least one airline (I flew on) was catered by LSG which one would think would be able to prepare food like they do in any other city, but even they seem to struggle at PEK.

Curious as I have not flown a lunchtime flight non-DELTA 1 transcon in a while what is the offering now a days? My Wife and I will be flying SAN-JFK and last time I flew LAX-ATL at lunch it was a salad or a calzone (which was not bad).

My flight from SEA to JFK had exactly that, the calzone or salmon salad. Both came with a small chocolate cake. The calzone was pretty good.
DL 1772 ATL-PHX 1050-1202 757-200

Full PDB

Choice of Beef with Asian Noodle Salad or Chicken Enchiladas. The enchiladas were good (and way better after I added my own hot sauce). Overall a pretty good lunch, even though I still say the cheese needs crackers. The apple pie was a nice treat too

Two snack basket runs came by later ^
What's going on with the D1 snack baskets? It appears to be an element of Delta One service that fits the name: as in, after 7hrs in the air there's only one banana and one bag of chips left. It's been like this on 3 TPAC/TATL trips I've taken since July. Why so cheap DL?
Quote: What's going on with the D1 snack baskets? It appears to be an element of Delta One service that fits the name: as in, after 7hrs in the air there's only one banana and one bag of chips left. It's been like this on 3 TPAC/TATL trips I've taken since July. Why so cheap DL?
I've noticed this for the past year or so, and I see it happen only a few hours into a flight. There is clearly a catering mismatch going on. It was great when they only had pretzels and biscoffs left, 3 hours into a flight that was over 16 1/2 hours long last year (DXB-ATL). I've never been so hungry on a plane.
Quote: I've noticed this for the past year or so, and I see it happen only a few hours into a flight. There is clearly a catering mismatch going on. It was great when they only had pretzels and biscoffs left, 3 hours into a flight that was over 16 1/2 hours long last year (DXB-ATL). I've never been so hungry on a plane.
Yeah, because the meals out of DXB can be inedible.
Quote: Yeah, because the meals out of DXB can be inedible.
Well, there's that too. But at least you could make up for it with a diverse number of items from the D1 snack backet. You'd think they could do better considering what they charge on that route.
Quote: I've noticed this for the past year or so, and I see it happen only a few hours into a flight. There is clearly a catering mismatch going on. It was great when they only had pretzels and biscoffs left, 3 hours into a flight that was over 16 1/2 hours long last year (DXB-ATL). I've never been so hungry on a plane.
Was there at lest a mid-flight meal service?
Quote: DL 1772 ATL-PHX 1050-1202 757-200

Full PDB

Choice of Beef with Asian Noodle Salad or Chicken Enchiladas. The enchiladas were good (and way better after I added my own hot sauce). Overall a pretty good lunch, even though I still say the cheese needs crackers. The apple pie was a nice treat too

Two snack basket runs came by later ^
I just wish DL would serve that cheese/dessert as a separate course. That's one of the things AA does well on these longer domestic flights.
Quote: I just wish DL would serve that cheese/dessert as a separate course. That's one of the things AA does well on these longer domestic flights.
^